Monday, September 8, 2014

Love The Red-Tail (Sweet Dreams & movie review) (life is a sonata)

Good Evening, my Baby,

I'm just getting home from Pearl's. I love the picture of the red-tail hawk this morning! Glad to know you guys have them too, in Wisconsin. They are beautiful birds, proud and majestic, and the bird in the pic looks just like the one we saw at Reseda Park a couple months ago. Out in Chatsworth, you see them all the time because they live in the hills. The Reseda one was the first I saw from up close, and when he flew away, you could see the red in his tail as it fanned out. I love the hawks. I also like the way, in the picture, that the section of branch he has settled on is stripped of bark. It makes you wonder if he chose it because of that, or if he wore or chipped it away himself, so he could use it as a landing spot. :)

I hope you had a great school day, and maybe you are enjoying a nice dinner, or you just did a little while ago. Today being Monday, and me being a creature of habit, I will probably watch a movie this afternoon. Movie Monday, Trail Tuesday, etc. :) I'll check Redbox for anything remotely watchable, and if not, I'll do a repeat view of some classic movie or other that I've already got on dvd. It rained here a little bit last night, just enough to wash the dust off the ground, and we might get a touch more today. Nothing to put a dent in our drought, though.

That's all I know for now, Sweet Baby. I will check in before I head back to Pearl's at 4:30.

I Love You! Enjoy the rest of your evening.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

3:45pm : I just wanted to wish you Sweet Dreams before I head back to Pearl's in a few minutes. I did wind up watching a movie, something called "Locke" from Redbox, starring a guy named Tom Hardy. It was pretty good, as Redbox movies go. As you may know, a lot of 'em are not major theater releases, they come from film festivals, or straight-to-dvd. This was an English film, and it takes place all in one location : inside a car travelling down a highway. It could have been awful for that reason, but the writing was really good, and the one-man acting by Hardy was excellent. The unusual story line keeps you rivited.

The only problem is the same one I find with a lot of Redbox films, and really with a lot of films in general nowdays : the lack of an ending, or any closure or resolution. So here you are, watching a good actor at work, and you are following an interesting plotline to see where it will ultimately end up.......

......and then it doesn't........end up anywhere. It just kind of ends.

So, good movie, but typical Redbox. Worth a buck on a Monday afternoon, but still......thank God for Criterion and older films in general.

Now, Sweet Baby, I can legitimately say that I hope you had a good first day of school.

I Love You and will see you later tonight, in the morning!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Midnight : Good Morning, Renaissance Lady! You must be in school at the moment. I am listening to Scriabin at the end of my day, a perfect way to relax. The more I listen to him, the more I think Scriabin ought to be as well regarded and known as Debussy or even Chopin. He wrote incredible music, complex yet delicate, and based on a really interesting philosophy that he lived by, that music, and especially certain melodies, had a physical power to manifest or influence reality in a literal sense. It's far too detailed to go into depth about, but just listen to a sonata or two by him, and you will see what I mean. :)

A more or less ordinary evening for me. Tomorrow I will perhaps check out the trail that goes up to Mission Peak. A good way for me to do it is to hike it partways, just to feel comfortable with it, and then come back down. Then, at some point, maybe before the end of the year, I will go all the way to the top. I am running out of nearby hikes - and therefore photo ops - so I need to get creative and use repeat locations. The changing light qualities of the coming Fall will help.

Have a great day, my Darling, and I will see you in the morning!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment