Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Wednesday Morning Love (Pico Canyon) (are you okay?)

Good Afternoon, my Angel,

I am still at Pearl's but just wanted to check in and see how things are going. I hope everything is okay with your Mom. Probably you are pretty busy with school stuff, too. Pearl is at a Women's Club meeting that is gonna last until 2pm, so after I get things cleaned up here at the house, I am gonna take the Kobedog out for a neighborhood walk. It's once again a scorcher so we won't go too far. When we get back, I may take a drive out toward Newhall. No planned destination yet, but I'll think of something that doesn't involve a major uphill hike. Still too hot for that, although today is supposed to be the last day of extreme heat.

I'll be back home at about 2:30, so I'll post more then. Enjoy the rest of your afternoon and evening!

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

2:35pm : I'm home. I ended up going out to a place called Pico Canyon, which is the last of the hikeable trails in the greater Santa Clarita Woodlands area, which also includes the ones I previously hiked : Towsley Canyon, East Canyon and Rice Canyon. Pico is the furthest, about four miles up the road from Towsley, and about 18 miles from home. Pico Canyon is also home to a place called Mentryville, which is a relic from the oil days. A man named Mentry owned the land in the1870s, and he drilled California's first oil well there. His Star Oil Co. became Standard Oil later on. Mentryville is the remnant of the little town he had at the oil site. His preserved home is still there, and a schoolhouse from that time, and some worker's shacks. When you walk further up the road at Mentryville, that is where the trail begins for Pico Canyon. It's a ten mile trail, going over the mountain into the San Fernando Valley. I only did about 1/3 due to the heat, but I'll come back at some point. It's a beautiful canyon.

So, that was my final "find" of the Summer, but Autumn is almost upon us and that will be an awesome time, too, with different qualities of light and shadow to capture.

Well, my girl, I am gonna relax until 4:15. I sure hope everything is okay. Post if you can. :)

I Love You and I am thinking about you.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:45pm : I'm getting concerned if not downright worried, my girl. I hope it's just a Mom issue and nothing else. It's worrisome because you're in a foreign country, even though I know you're in a safe environment at the school. In looking over things, I see that one of your last posts was the cat smooching photo from Wendy's Lookbook. That is almost a week ago now. But the text in that one was very.....direct, you might say, and I suppose if your Mom saw it, she might have gotten upset in the same way as she might have done over The Electric Kiss two years ago. It's all just guesses on my part.

The main thing is I hope you are okay (you've gotta be, right?). If it's not Mom, maybe it's an Internet problem or something. I don't know. Anyway, I'm right here.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment