Tuesday, November 12, 2013

El Scorpion Park

Good Evening, my Darling,

I'm just getting home from Pearl's. It was a typical Tuesday except to my trip out to El Scorpion Park. I had actually discovered that place about a month ago, when I heard a lady on the Boeing tour I went on at Santa Susana Field Lab talking about caves at the end of Vanowen Street. I Googled it and discovered one cave, the Cave Of Munits. So today I finally drove out there. It's about 9 miles from Northridge, so a little further than the Chatsworth rock sites I've been going to. It's south of Chatsworth in a place called Bell Canyon. Once you get to the place where Vanowen Street dead-ends, there is a sign for El Scorpion Park, and you go through an opening in the chain link. Then, you follow a trail about 3/4ths of a mile. It's mostly pretty flat, with some hills to hike over. One thing you notice is the dead silence, which is awesome. In some spots, there is a low hum of bees, and if it were Spring I am sure the place would be swarming with them. I would not make the trip then, lol.

I was excited when I finally spotted the cave, because I have wanted to see one ever since I read about Indian history in the Valley earlier this year. I was the only person on the trail, so I was able to get as close as about 100 feet to the opening and just stand there in the total silence, soaking up the vibe. As I said in my photo caption, it was too steep for me to go any further. I needed boots. But just to get a feel for the place was cool. So, I discovered another park. My favorite is still Corriganville, but this park had it's own special feeling. The rest of the day was the usual stuff, driving back and forth, etc.

I hope your day was good, and that all is well. I am gonna hang out till about 8:30, then go on my walk. Then I'll be back as usual.

I Love You!    xoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11pm : In your picture, I like the fact of the small icecicles on the twigs, like a prelude. I guess it is not unusual to have ice already forming in Great Lakes country in November. We are just now seeing our version of the trees turning, mostly rust colors but still pretty.

The world is a beautiful place.  :)

Well, I will wish you sweet dreams and will see you in the morning. I Love You.   xoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment