Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Honey, I'm Home :):)

Good Evening, my Darling,

I'm just getting home. It's looking like it might rain a bit tonight, so I may go for my walk early, or not at all if it really does start coming down. I'll check it after I settle in for a few minutes. It was an ordinary day, except for my short trip to Stoney Point. I am enjoying my little hikes. I hope you had a good day and are enjoying your evening. I'll be back later as always, and you know I always love you.  xoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11pm : The rain didn't amount to much, so I did go for my full walk. I also finished another Steven King book, my second in the last two weeks. This one is called "Joyland" and it's brand new like "Doctor Sleep". It's more of a coming-of-age story than horror, but it has all the classic King elements. I saw your post to Sarah - you sure know your computer and video stuff! You have an aptitude for the technical end of things that I wish I had. I am "monkey see, monkey do", so I can learn most anything, but tech stuff is not second nature to me.

What I wanna do, because my scenery around here is limited (and I suppose that is true of any region), is to find the inspiration to change what I am looking at. I am trying to do that already, because I am always taking pictures of trees and rocks, and there are only so many ways you can photograph trees and rocks. In The Meadows in 1994, you could feel the Spirits, and that was when my photograpic mentality changed. Ever since then, I want to coax a photograph. I want the picture to come to me, because when I am shooting the things I like to shoot - rocks, trees, just stuff that's available to me - I can feel the energy of what I am beholding in the viewfinder. It's just rocks and trees, so I want it to tell me something, rather than me trying to depict it.

There is so much history in nature, and thus so much experience, so much stored energy. So that's what I am trying to capture, with mixed results.

Well, onward and upward as they say. I hope you had a good day. I Love You.

xoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment