Thursday, November 21, 2013

Let's Go To The Snow! (Movie Night) (xoxoxoxoxo)

Good Morning, Sweet Baby,

I want to walk through the snow with you! You will now have those beautiful winter scenes by the lake to take enjoy and take pictures of. Here, we call it "going to the snow", because when we have it, which is not every year, you have to drive to the mountains to see it. So, it's "let's go to the snow". But I haven't been to the snow in many years, so I am going with you! We will walk through it together, making our footprints.

I am gonna take Pearl to the hair salon in an hour, and this time get my hair trimmed, too. Nothing drastic, just cutting the ends to keep it neat, or as neat as possible with my crazy hair. :)

So, I will be back and forth for a little while, then back here by mid-afternoon. I hope you are listening to some great music and enjoying your day. I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

3:30pm : Hey, my Darling, I am gonna head back to Pearl's in a few minutes, so I just wanted to check in and say hi. Tonight at the Cinematheque, they are gonna show Fassbinder's "Lola", which is supposed to be his post-war take on "The Blue Angel", an earlier film starring Marlene Dietrich. You've really gotta be up on your German cultural history to understand his motivations. I do not, so thank God for our film professor who hosts the screenings. And, I have enjoyed almost all of the Fassbinder films we've seen so far. This one is the usual length, 2 hours, so I will be home about the usual time, 9:45 to 10pm. I'll also be at Pearl's until 6:30.

I was looking again at the photo of the tracks in the snow, and I thought, "wait a minute.........those don't look like footprints". What are they, anyway? :D

Well, I still wanna walk through the snow with you.  :):)

I Love You.   xoxoxoxoxo

11pm : It's finally cold here, cold for us anyway. No more short sleeves til March. Yeah, we're cold wimps here in The Valley, unless we get points for sometimes going down to the low 30s. Tonight's film was pretty good, though I was nodding off in places. I always get tired at the end of a work cycle, but also, this one was done in an idiosyncratic style that is particular to Fassbinder. I love that he is a true artist, who remains loyal to his vision no matter what, but sometimes his movies are very insular - they describe something that has great meaning to him, but may not always translate to an international audience. I am glad I've had a chance to see so many of his films, though.

Tomorrow will be an easy day, then Saturday is a half day, and then I am off for a week. And it's the sleep-ins that are most important, haha. A day off is pretty cool, but a sleep-in is precious. :)

My film card (is that what you call those things?) ran out of room when I was at Stoney Point yesterday, it happened before, earlier in the Summer, but I deleted some stuff back then, just pics that were filler.

This time, I am just gonna retire the card and get a new one. Then, I am gonna choose the best 100 pictures from the card and make prints to put in a photo album. That will document the last 18 months of picture taking.

That's all I know for tonight, my Darling. You will have a break coming up, too, and it will coincide with your birthday and Thanksgiving. So it's gonna be a good week.

I Love You, Elizabeth. Sweet Dreams, my Angel.   :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment