Friday, November 29, 2013

Opale (love added)

Hey Sweet Baby! Yeah, "dusting the piano" sort of describes what I'm doing too. It's raining here, so I'm staying in and playing my three guitars, and my Yamaha classical is getting dusted in the process, because I don't play it as often as the other two, haha. :)

I also have rainwater dripping down my back wall because they've got a repairman up on the roof, and he ripped out the rain gutter above my apartment, so the water is leaking inside, and I am taking breaks to wring out the sponges I have put down to soak it up. It beats going out to the mall, I suppose. The only Black Friday-ing I wound up doing was buying a new memory card for my cam, which I got on the Best Buy website for ten bucks.

So how do you like "Opale"? That's a dumb question, I know. ;p My reaction was that I was "surprised but not surprised". Surprised by the Total Shoegazey-ness of it, but not surprised because he said it was gonna be that way. I love the way it just starts. No intro, no build-up, just straight into that nice melody. And in the middle there are beautiful washes of keyboard sound that bring out the Pink Floyd influence that seems to be developing, an emphasis on big, big sound colors. And he was right, too, that it still sounds like Alcest. How can it not, right? I think it's a fantastic song, like the early stuff but pure shoegaze.

I am guessing we will both get to see them again in the Spring. They've gotta do a second leg to promote the album, and they never stop touring anyway. So the release of "Shelter" will start 2014 off on a perfect note (no pun intended).

I will wander down to the grocery store when the rain stops, and do part of my walk also. Then I will be back later.

I Love You, Elizabeth!  You Rule..........

xoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11pm : The rest of the day was quiet, just hanging out, reading about Mars' Moon Phobos in a new Joe Farrell book called "Covert Wars And The Clash Of Civilizations : UFOs, Oligarchs and Space Secrecy". Joe always give you your money's worth in the title alone. I will go back to work tomorrow, but then I will get another week off around Christmas. I have enjoyed my period of rest, and am ready for the good feeling of the Christmas season. I think it's best felt without all the stress. :)

So, my Angel, I will see you in the morning. I Love You!

xoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment