Thursday, February 20, 2014

Giant Size (sweet dreams)

Hey my Baby,

I'm just about to head back to Pearl's for afternoon shift, but I wanted to say hi real quick. Today has been lots of back and forth, to stores and the hair salon. Tonight is movie night, and we are gonna see Ray's "Devi The Goddess". So far, he is batting 1000, so I am looking forward to this one, too. So, I'll be home at the usual : 10pm or so. But before that, I'll be at Pearl's until 6:30pm. Hope you are having a great day.

I Love You!

XOXOXOXOXOXO (giant hugs & kisses)  :):)

11:10pm : The movie was interesting on multiple fronts. In it, a young woman - the daughter-in-law of a wealthy man - is deified as the human incarnation of a goddess (Kali) - and all because her father-in law had a dream about her. An early critique of the way women were (and still are) subjugated in Indian culture. It's another hypnotic movie from Ray, with the photography, editing, music, and intense acting all combining to mesmerize you. We saw a documentary beforehand in which he explained his preference for natural light, i.e. available light, whatever is shining from whichever angle on any given day. The photography in his films isn't particularly slick, but it all works to great effect, especially in the way it plays off all the other elements (acting, score, editing)......

Well, my Angel, that's all I know for today. Sweet Dreams, I Love You.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment