Monday, February 3, 2014

Nice Doggie

Good Evening, Nice Lady,

I like your picture of the doggie! He looks like a blonde Lab, do I have that right? I'll bet he's a good dog and of course I love Labs. You caught him in mid-shake, another "in-the-moment" pic, with good colors as usual. The silhouette of your friend is a good one also. I see it is currently 13 degrees in Middleton, and I guess that qualifies as a heat wave, as you say. Are you guys gonna look at the stars tonight? I will, on my walk later on.

There is so much campus traffic now that I go the long way on my way home from Pearl's, and it takes me almost 25 minutes to go 3 1/2 miles. Another goofy situation. But now I am gonna relax. I watched another Criterion movie this morning, from the same Belgian brothers who directed "Rosetta", the film I watched yesterday. Their names are Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne, and they direct as a team. I'd never heard of them before, but now I am gonna look for even more of their films. Today's movie was called "A Kid On A Bike", a story of a boy in a foster home and the trouble he gets into.

What makes these films stand out is their style. So many directors nowdays try and fail to pull off cinema verite (Real Life or "Truth" Cinema, movies that look like real life) but these guys nail it. They get very convincing young actors, and they edit everything down to the bare bones, just like the Neo-Realist directors of the postwar era used to do. You may or may not like Criterion type stuff, but if you do I highly recommend the Dardenne brothers. I found 'em in the Library of all places, so now I will look for more.

And of course, the three films of The Apu Trilogy, those really are neo-realist, and therefore not as slick, and much slower. But good films all.

Anyhow, usual schedule : 8:30 walk, etc. Hope your day was good.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment