Sunday, February 2, 2014

Goofy (sweet dreams)

Hey my Baby,

It's a goofy situation here. The game was a blowout anyway, but right after Seattle made that last interception, our cable service went out and we haven't had a picture since. So - tragedy of tragedies - we are missing the halftime show. Thank goodness it's only Bruno Mars and not somebody great like Madonna!

;)

I can't stand the Seattle Seahawks anyhow, and I only marginally care about the Broncos. That's terrible about Phillip Seymore Hoffman. He was really a great actor, every role he played.

You sure knocked it out of the park with that self-portrait. You look like a movie star yourself!

Well, I just wanted to say hi and I Love You. Hope your day is going well (and your cable is working!).

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a bit)

11:10pm : Listening to the Ives sonata. His music is weird (atonal) but just melodic enough not to be too weird. I like some atonal piano music, Schoenberg is a great example, and his stuff is really weird and not melodic at all, but it has a quiet rhythm to it : it makes sense. The atonal stuff I don't care for is the really agressive, percussive stuff by guys like Ligeti. Too much for me. Anyhow, I needed some music to get back to normal after that game. I also watched a movie I found at the Libe, something called "Rosetta", which was released by Criterion. It won awards at Cannes back in '99, and it was good - about a Belgian girl who lives in a trailer park with her alcoholic Mom - and her struggle to keep her life from falling apart. It was good, except for the ending : one of those shots where the screen goes blank before anything is resolved and you are left to guess at what happened. That's a cinematic cop-out that seems to be all to popular nowdays. If you can write a good movie, surely you can come up with an ending......(can't you?)

"Listen, Mr. Director".......  ;)

Well, it will be good to start a normal week, with no smog tests, no Stupid Bowls, and hopefully no Polar Vortexes. I will see you in the morning, my girl. Sweet Dreams.

I Love You.   xoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment