Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Love From Home On Wednesday Night (movie & rain)

Hi my Angel,

I'm home from Pearl's. Just another back and forth day, nothing major. I'm thinking about you and hope your day was good. I know the temps have gone back down again, but I hope you are still able to get outside at least a little and do some stuff, maybe take pictures too. I know it can't be easy, but it won't last forever.

We are actually supposed to have a three-day rainstorm here, something not seen for a while, and we really need the water. I have a movie from Redbox, "Nebraska", so I am gonna watch it right now, then take a chance on my walk afterwards. I think the rain is supposed to come later, around midnight.

Thinking about you all the time, and I will write more later. I Love You, Elizabeth!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a bit)

11:05pm : I did get my walk in, with a little bit of rain, but not too bad. It's supposed to pour tomorrow. I am gonna be going to see King's X tomorrow night, and that is something that I wouldn't do for too many bands nowdays - drive all the way down to Hermosa Beach in what is supposed to be a downpour, and then sit through a couple of local bands beforehand. But, it's King's X, and they haven't played L.A. in five years, and Doug is gonna be 64 this year, so you never know how many more times you can see them. Besides that, they are great live. So I will go, long drive, late night and rain be damned.

"Nebraska" was good. If you've ever seen an Alexander Payne film, you know what you're getting; kind of a poignant, light-hearted irony. In this case, more poignant than ironic. Great performance by Bruce Dern. He's probably got the Oscar locked up (although Hanks and Robert Redford were great, too). I must say that, though the Dern character was more addled and taciturn, some scenes did remind me of dealing with my own Dad, when he was in the later years of his life. I guess many could say that. It's a great performance, though low key, with not a lot of drama. The film was shot in black and white, bringing out the bleakness of the ancient looking small towns.

Well, my Darling, I will listen to some more Chopin and then drift off to sleep. I will imagine you in my arms.

I Love You and can't wait to be with you.    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment