Saturday, February 15, 2014

Saturday Morning Love After Sleeping In (Pictures & Glasses) (Music & Mythology)

Good Morning, my Darling,

Happy Saturday! I am having my coffee and some yougurt and oatmeal w/banana for breakfast. I just got nine hours sleep, so I feel nice and rested. My sister isn't coming over cause they closed down part of the freeway for repairs, so I am just gonna hang out for a little while and then maybe wander over to CSUN in search of pictures. Right now, I am listening to The Opera Show on KUSC. Saturday morning stuff.

I wish you a great day, and I am thinking of you and send you much, much love. You are My Heart, Elizabeth.   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a bit.....)

7:30pm : Just got back from CSUN. Did half my walk and took a few pictures. I am still learning some things my cam can do, like digital zoom and manual adjustment of asa (or do they call it iso now?). You can adjust white balance, lots of other stuff. My problem is that I am a non-technical guy, and it's not cause I'm a dum-dum, it's because I just don't have the patience to sit down and read a manual, or learn all the little visual symbols that pop up on your LED screen. So, I've tended to learn along the way, little by little, just by pushing buttons to see what they do, and then see if I can remember them the next time, lol. So, I tried some evening photography this time. Many of my pics came out blurred because the shutter speed was over a half-second. Gotta bring a tripod (another thing I've gotta develop the patience for). But, it's always fun to make a new discovery, and that's the good part about trial-and-error. I've had my little camera about 18 months and I'm still going, "Oh, I didn't know it could do this". Maybe I'll try again on the second half of my walk later on.

Well, it's official : I've gotta get glasses. I've been putting it off and putting it off, but I just got my Driver's License renewal notice from the DMV, and they have me down for the vision test, and I was just there a couple weeks ago to renew my car registration, and I took a look at the eye chart and I thought, "maybe on a good day I could still pass it"......but also maybe not. And, I can't afford to take the chance that they might suspend my license if I did fail the test, being that driving is an important part of my job. Besides that, I just plain need my driver's license. So, glasses it is. I've still got two months to renew, so that's plenty of time to do some Googling, find out prices, etc.

That's the news for now, my Baby. I hope you've had a nice day. I triple-Love You (love, love, love) and I will be back again, after my walk later on (you know, usual time around 10:50 - 11pm my time).

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):) (Super Happy)

11:15pm : I am listening to the Schumann "Kreisleriana". Schumann, one of my favorites for piano. It sure was nice to have such a relaxing day. I did finish my walk, but didn't try for more pictures. I kinda wanted to get back and read my book, because I am into a chapter about the Enuma Elish, the Babylonian creation epic, and it is fascinating. These myths depict something real, I believe, and in the 20th century - when archeology and anthropology began to be more developed - we were still only scratching the surface of what is known about human history. And beyond human history, there is celestial history, the story of the solar system and the stars. The Ancients, whoever they were - going back beyond the Vedics & Sumerians - knew things about the Universe that you wouldn't expect them to know, and this knowledge (and tales of epic events) are depicted in their myths, but myths are not myths, as we were taught as schoolchildren. Instead, they have a basis in reality.

True history is astounding, not just the history of the past twenty or thirty centuries, but the history of antiquity. And, we are living in the age when that history is being uncovered and deciphered.

I will see you in the morn, my Angel, after another sleep-in. This was a good day, and I am grateful.

I Love You So Much.  xoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)   

sleep well, sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment