Sunday, February 16, 2014

I'm Off Until Tomorrow (moving pictures)

Good Afternoon, my Incredibly Sweet, Beautiful and Talented Baby! Another excellent photograph by you. You always capture your subjects in their best expression, at the best angle. In this picture, the rock facade is the perfect background; somewhat matching her sweater and also contrasting with her hair and light skin to make her really stand out. You do the makeup too, right? If so, that's also just right. Tina is a great subject for you, and I'm glad you have such a good friend.

Well, I got it wrong. I drove over to Pearl's just now to pick her up from choir practice, but her daughter's car was still there. Turned out Pearl was there, too. I wasn't supposed to come back until tomorrow at 4:30, because of President's day. Pearl's daughter is a teacher and she has that day off, so I had the extra day off too but didn't realise it. Until now, that is!

So, I am just gonna hang out for now. Maybe go looking for pictures again when the sun gets a little more angular. I'll just start pushing buttons on my camera and see what happens, lol.

So, I just wanted to say I Love You, and Great Picture, and I'm still off, until tomorrow afternoon. That means one more sleep-in, too! (oh boy!)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a bit)

11pm : I'm on a Schumann kick at the moment, this time as played by Alfred Cortot, one of my favorites. I tried tonight for more pictures but didn't get anything I was happy with. No biggie, though. The days are getting longer and soon will come daylight savings time and those long, slow sundown periods when the light goes through magnificent changes. I really think, for me anyway, that inspiration and intent have so much to do with picture taking. I can go out, and want to take photos, but if I feel I am looking at the Same Old Thing, the familiar locations, I won't be inspired and I'll take a few derivative photos. However, and this is what's awesome about inspiration and intent, on those days or times when I am really feeling it, I can walk the same ground looking for photo ops - ground I've walked a thousand times at CSUN or in my neighborhood - and because of my intention to see the same things differently, I will discover a different way of looking at them! So - and this is important - my intention, my desire to find a new way of seeing the same locations, elicits a response that comes back to me in the form of inspiration, a feeling of discovery, of seeing something new.

In reading so much about physics and metaphysics in recent years, I see that light and energies of different kinds break down into so many waves and particles - and vibrations - that I think, as photographers, we can at least have the intent to vary our looks at those different frequencies. Einstein said that motion is relative to the viewer, and so it is with pictures. I want to capture things, literally catch light in the act.

Because who knows what is in that light, what it carries? It shines on an object, and that object has spirit, too, and the light touches it and acts upon it.........and so does the intent of the photographer.

If ten different painters paint the same scene, in that case intent is everything, because the mechanics of the camera are removed. Each painter is tuned into his or her own frequency with the light, and also with the meaning of the imagery.

But it's a trick to really capture that - for me anyway, when I am trying to get inside a picture - and so I do best when I am having one of those days.......when I know I am Seeing Inside.

Well, my Darling, another good day. Quiet and peaceful. I've got most of tomorrow off as well. I hope your day was good, and that the temps will keep rising as we head toward Spring.

I Love You and will see you in the morn.   xoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment