Thursday, October 23, 2014

A Giant Hug :):) (eclipse) (Red Shoes)

Good Evening, my Beautiful Darling,

I love your post, of the scene from Cinema Paradiso. So wonderful, and I love the caption, too. That is us, of course, and it won't be long until we embrace like that. I can't wait! :):) I Love You So Much, Elizabeth.

I am at home, having taken Pearl to the hair salon. This morn, we did something a little different. We went up to the new Starbucks on the corner of Nordhoff and Reseda in Northridge. It just opened this morning, so we drove up and met my friend Dennis there. Kobi came along, too, and we sat outside drinking Chai Iced Tea. A nice time and a beautiful morning. I hope it is nice in Florence, too, and I bet it is.  :)

That is a crazy story about the Eluveitie concert. You know, I was at a Pink Floyd concert back in 1980 where the same thing happened. It was for "The Wall", and they were playing, and pyrotechnics were going off and a stage curtain caught on fire. For a minute, I even thought it was part of the show, because "The Wall" was such a huge production. But it was a real fire, and they stopped the concert. I can't recall if we were evacuated or not. But the band finished the show, just like Eluveitie.

Well, I am gonna jump in the shower real quick and then go pick Pearl up. I will write more before 4:30.

I am thinking of you. So many things we will share and do together, my Darling. Concerts, etc.

Enjoy your evening....

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

4:35pm : Hi. my Baby. I'm writing from Pearl's. I went out to Santa Susana after picking her up from the hair salon, because I heard there was gonna be an eclipse. I hadn't heard about it before that, and I thought maybe there might be some good photo ops. As it turned out, it didn't get that dark out here on the West Coast, but it was still kind of neat, the color of the light. So, I hiked around for about an hour. I know all the trails out there pretty well by now. I'll check later tonight to see if I got any good shots.

After Pearl's, I will be going to the Thursday Night Movie at CSUN. Tonight we are gonna see P&P's "The Red Shoes", their most famous film. I haven't seen it, but it's supposed to be one of the greatest color films ever made, about a dancer.........and that's all I know, lol. It's about a dancer.......and Red Shoes. But it's Powell and Pressburger, so I know it's a winner.

I hope you had a nice evening, and I liked the last picture you posted. That's a pretty little street, with the Capitol building in the background.  :):)

I will wish you Sweet Dreams for now, then write more tonight, after the movie.

I Love You, Elizabeth! Wonderful lady.........

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:50pm : Good Morning, Sweet Baby. I am listening to the last few minutes of the Jim Svedja show on KUSC. He is the king of classical djs, and I've discovered a ton of great music over the years as a result of listening to his show and to KUSC in general.

"The Red Shoes" turned out to be an amazing film. It's about a ballet dancer who much choose between love - which distracts her from perfecting her art - and her dancing, to which she is impelled by a jealous producer. The movie is a tad long, 2hrs 15mins, and I would have tightened it up a bit, had it been me, but overall, just for the fantasy dance sequences alone, it is a must-see. They just don't make anything remotely like this anymore, and a guy like Anton Walbrook, who I've seen in three P&P films now, is a fantastic actor and yet he is relatively unheard of now. My goodness......

But thank God for film restoration (thank AFI, and UCLA film archive, and guys like Martin Scorcese, and more), because these films and their directors, and performances by great actors, can now be seen again by anyone looking to discover them.

I send you good energy for another good day, Elizabeth. I'll be up for a little while, and then I'll see you in the Northridgian morning.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment