Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Santa Susana Again (two trees) (scary movie again)

Good Evening, Sweet Baby,

I'm just getting home from Pearl's. While she was at Golden Agers, I went out to Santa Susana. It's close by, and I hadn't been there in a few weeks, so I went out and did the Devil's Slide hike again, just for fun. No pics once again, but when something strikes me, I will shoot more. It's all a matter of either going to different locations or finding something new in the many places I've already visited. As far as new places go, I think what I will do for starters is to just drive to them and see how long it takes, what the round trip time will be, and whether or not it leaves me any time to hike and photograph. The problem with all the beach areas is traffic and freeways. Might be doable, might not. But doggonnit, I will find something! :)

Also, there's no reason I can't take more pics at already visited places. Monet did it, in the garden that he loved so much. Painted it again and again. Same with Ansel Adams and Yosemite. So we'll see. I love the autumn colors in the pictures you've been posting, and I wish we had more color here, but maybe we'll get some rain this Winter, and then the creeks will run and the wildflowers will spring up.

I still had a fun hike, though, and I really love that place. You can feel the Indian spirit there more than any of the other places I go to, and the hike up the Slide - now that I've done it a couple of times - is strenuous but not overly so. I can do the whole thing in 40 minutes. And I love coming down, because it's like stepping stones. It's a rocky trail, so you just kinda bounce from one rock to another. You know how you can go down flights of stairs in a rhythm, like "clunk-clunk-clunk-clunk-clunk" (hope I got the sound right)? That's how you go down the Devil's Slide, but just a little more carefully. Just like stepping stones.

And best of all, it was almost 100 degrees outside! Oh boy!  :)

Now I will relax for an hour or so, then head back to Pearl's. I've already got most of my mileage done for the day, so tonight I can take it easy. This morn, I walked over to the Oviatt for their used book sale. Found a Ken Burns World War Two book, with lot of pictures. One of my favorite subjects of study, as you know.

Well, that's all for now. I hope you had a great day, and that things are going well with school and everything you are working on.

I Love You, Elizabeth! Sweet Dreams.........
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

4:40pm : Happy Late Night, my Darling. I just wanted to say that, the two trees reflecting in the water in the woods, in your post from this morning : that's us again. :):)

I Love You and you can resume your Sweet Dreams now......

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:05pm : Just to wish you a Good Morning and me a Good Evening. I didn't do much this eve, but I did watch another classic horror movie from the early 60's, "Burn Witch Burn" from England, once again shot in b&w. I saw it for the first time when I was about 10 years old, on TV late at night while sleeping over at a friend's house, and it made such an impression that I never forgot it. They finally released it on dvd in 2011, and of course I bought a copy.

Listening to Bach now, then sleep soon. I Love You, Elizabeth.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment