Sunday, October 5, 2014

Paradiso :):) (mural) (gooey)

Good Evening, my Angel,

I am in the middle of my Sunday Stuff, doing laundry, taking Kobi to CSUN & Pearl to church, etc., but I wanted to let you know that I loved your posts this morning. Did you see "Cinema Paradiso"? In Italy? Maybe you saw it yesterday, but anyway, not just to see it, but to see it in Italy is beyond incredible. It's so romantic and such a beloved movie, a real gem of foreign cinema. Oh man........I am glad you got to see it!

And that will be me when I see you for the first time, and I can't wait. Just to see you, walking toward me.
To touch you for the first time. To hug you......to hold you. To kiss you. These are things to anticipate.  :):)

I hope you had a wonderful Sunday. I saw your response to the Wisconsin weather report: funny, but not funny, I know. A funny response to unfunny weather. Well, right now you are in Florence, and enjoying - as I see here on weather.com - nice days in the upper 70s to low 80s. It is 70 degrees at the moment, a balmy evening. And here in Northridge it's about 95 or so. So for now we're both staying warm, and we will worry about the cold weather later. In Wisconsin, all we can do is hope for the best and pray for no repeat of last year's deep freeze. And in Northridge, all we can do is pray for a delay of the insufferable L.A. Cold, when the nights get down to the low 40s or even (shudder) the upper 30s, and we freeze to death in our thin SoCal skins and thinly-walled apartments. When that happens, I will join you in raising a finger to the weather report, haha. :) But for now we will enjoy our respective Mediterranean climates. Hurray for the Medium Terrain!

Yeah, I know I'm pretty goofy.  :)

I am gonna go pick up Pearl in a little while, and then at 2pm I will head down to the corner of Reseda & Rayen, in my old neighborhood (1/2 mile from where I am now). That's where they will be unveiling the new Northridge heritage mural, which has been painted on the side of an old brick building that used to be The Liquor House. Don't know what it was before that, and it's now a used CD shop, but the building itself has probably been there for close to 100 years, and when I lived on Rathburn St. nearby, that's where we used to go to get beer, lol. So now they've painted a cultural mural on the side, and our city councilman is gonna be there, etc. So as a 46 year Northridger, I should be there, too. It'll be fun, and it's important to celebrate the rural & agricultural history of The 'Ridge. So, I will check in again, either just before or right when I get back to Pearl's at 4:30.

Sweet Dreams if you go to sleep before then......

I Love You, Elizabeth.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

4:30pm : Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby of Mine. I am just getting to Pearl's, and I wanted to say goodnight before you went to sleep (if you are still awake, that is). I went to the mural ceremony and met my friend Dennis there, with his two kids. We had fun talking and taking pictures, and we even got interviewed by the local newspaper, so if they publish us I'll letcha know.

I hope you had a nice evening, and are looking forward to another interesting week of school. It'll be a fun week, I love this time of year when we head into Halloween. Do they have anything resembling Hallowen in Italy? Ya gotta do something on October 31st regardless......  :)

Well, that's all I know for now. I will go home at 6:30 and listen to the Angels lose their third playoff game in a row, which will end their season. It's guaranteed to happen. Then I will go for my walk. And I will write more at the usual time.

I Love You, my Darling! Sleep well and Sweet Dreams.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:15pm : Good Morning, Awesome Lady. I am getting a late start with my writing because, when I was making my brown rice and veggies, I added some flax seeds to the rice. I've had a bag of flax seeds in my refrigerator for a while. I bought 'em cause they're supposed to be good for you, and from time to time I sprinkle some on my oatmeal. Never have cooked 'em before, though, and oh boy!, what a fun surprise I got. A big gooey mess all over the place. It took me a half hour to clean it up just now. I didn't know what the deal was, if the seeds had gone bad, or shouldn't have been boiled, so I Googled "boiled flax seeds" + "gooey mess" (yes, those were my search terms), and a link came back about making flax seed jelly for horses. It's good for them, too, apparently. I read the recipe, and it said to be careful when boiling the flax seeds, because they tend to boil over and create a "gooey mess". Yep, someone else had the same experience.

I am glad to know I won't be poisoning myself when I eat my rice & veggies in a few minutes, but I am swearing off flax seeds. I mean, the viscosity of this stuff......my goodness! You could use it as mortar for laying bricks.......

I hope your day is off to a good start. I liked once again the Wooden Doors photos, and the picture of Varg with the cat. I actually have a few Burzum albums, which I play from time to time. Good old Varg.......not a bad musician, for a psycho.  :)

We should have a good week coming up. I will try to find some interesting hikes. One thing I wanna do at some point is drive in the other direction toward Topanga Canyon and Malibu, and maybe photograph the ocean, but I don't know if I could pull it off in a two or three hour break at Pearl's. So I may have to plan it out and wait til it's possible, but there are a ton of unhiked trails in that area, and the landscape borders out beaches, so that would be different. At the end of the week, I will get two sleep-ins, so that will be good, too.

That's all I know for tonight. I hope you have a great week, and a great Monday. Take tons of pictures, write things down, absorb your experience to the fullest!

I Love You, Sweet Baby.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment