Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Ancient Church! (Sweet Dreams) (rainy night music)

Good Evening, Sweet Baby,

I see you did it! That was quick. And, it's a beautiful church you visited, truly magnificent. I trust you heard some awesome organ music, too. :) Seriously, though - man, the churches of Europe are truly spectacular, true Houses Of Worship. I thank you again for posting that picture right after I wrote about it, and I do indeed hope you get to see one such church - or more! - on your trip. Has it begun yet? Any minute now for sure.

I also really love that Babylonian music. Again, as with the churches, you can really feel the spirituality in that music, in her voice, in the language she is singing in, and also in the repeated melody line, which acts as a drone/chant. There was such a clear connection, I think, in ancient times, to the God they were praying or singing to, and even if the lyrics refer more to human conditions and situations, there is still that spiritual element, that direct connection.

Awesome stuff, and on a side note - it's gotta be mentioned - that the music is Baby-lonian. That must not go unnoticed.  :):)

I am home for a little while. Just brought Pearl back from Golden Agers. At about 3:30 I will leave, to stop at the Post Office for more stamps for Christmas cards. Pearl's got a lot of relatives. Also gonna stop at the store for oranges and bananas. Then I'll be back between 4:30 and 5pm, to check in for Sweet Dreams.

I hope you had a wonderful day! I will keep guessing when your trip will begin, lol, and I'll get it right eventually.....  :)

I Love You, my Baby.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

5:10pm : Happy Late Night, my Angel. I am doing the usual, feeding hungry critters, making tea, sorting mail. Pearl gets a ton of mail, solicitations from all kinds of charities. Some are legit, many are not. But once you get on those mailing lists, you get an avalanche of mail every day. So I help her sort it, to avoid scammers.

We will do more Christmas cards in a while, too.

I hope you had a great day, and that you're enjoying the Christmas season as much as I am.  :):)

I know you are......  :)

Sweet Dreams, and I will see you in the morning (at 11:30pm), somewhere in Europe!

I Love You, Elizabeth.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:35am : I am listening to Spanish organ music, after searching Youtube for a while. The Spanish sounds similar to the French organ music, except more somber and less hymnal. I am on tour with you in Europe, and I am taking side trips in search of unheard music.....

I will meet you at the hotel for dinner.  :):)

For now, it is time for Sweet Dreams of my own, on a rainy night.....

I Love You, Elizabeth.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment