Sunday, December 7, 2014

Fun At The Granada Hills Christmas Parade (choirs and cultures)

Hi, my Darling,

Happy Late Night. Man, a super busy day today. Non-stop since 7:30am. First was church, with extra practice for the Christmas program. Some of the songs have notes I can't reach, haha, so I have to lip-synch those parts. :) But, overall Ithink my voice is getting a little better.

We were at church til 1pm as always, came home to get the Kobedog, and then drove straight up to Granada Hills (the town north of Northridge) to watch their annual Christmas Parade. Just now we are getting home. The parade is about 2 1/2 hours long, with a band from just about every school in the area, tons of Cub Scout, Boy & Girl Scout Troops, Veteran's organisations, custom car clubs, dance groups, Mexican horse riders. We saw some gorgeous horses, with long manes, beautiful like long hair on a girl. I had never seen horses like that. We also saw the Labrador Guide Dogs that are always there every year. There must have been over a hundred entries. Pearl had a blast, so that was great. I am gonna be tired later tonight, lol.

I hope you had a wonderful day, and I really loved your posts. Of course, I couldn't agree more with the Sophie Miller post. It's everything we always talk about. And you are always my Sweet Baby. In a few weeks, it will be really neat to look back on this year, and to look at all the things we've done, and how this philosophy has manifested in our lives. You will see how your intent manifested itself. It's really a trip how that works - and it does work, no doubt about it.

Right now, I am gonna go feed the Black Kitty and also water a few plants before darkness descends. I already fed Kobedoggie, but he's still barking anyway. He's the boss, so it's no surprise.

I will write more at 11:30pm. I send you Sweet Dreams for peaceful sleep, and also lots of hugs and kisses.

I Love You, Elizabeth! See you in just a little while.....

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Midnight : Good Morning, my Beautiful Girl. I am once again looking for Youtubes of the choir songs we are working on for Christmas. Now, I posted the John Rutter "Christmas Lullaby", and we obviously aren't in the same league as that choir, but you might as well make it as good as possible, and we already have some pretty good soprano singers. It's a really small choir, 12 people tops, when they all show up. Now I know why the choir director was so insistent that I join, and now that I'm in, I wanna sing as good as I can, so I am looking for the best versions of each hymn.

Are you back in Italy or still in Ireland? Maybe back, as you have been able to post more often. Probably a huge contrast, Italy and Ireland, in cultures, landscape, and so many other ways. It's amazing that Europe - which includes Ireland (strange, eh?) - is so varied in culture, and that the tribes that preceded the civilizations there - Goths, Huns, Celts, Angles, Saxons and more - left such a mark on the societal structures, which endure to this day. In America, even though we have many, many cultural variations, they all seem to blend, at least to a degree. I mean, Louisiana is very different from California or Idaho, which is different from Alaska. But they all are homogenised by the United States, whereas in Europe - at least I imagine it this way - Ireland is completely different from Italy or Germany, entirely different entities all, even though they have just begun a continental unification called the EU.

In my geography and history class at Cleveland High School, we learned about the 12 tribes of Europe, and how they moved around, and it's amazing to me that those cultures did not blend in the same way as did the American culture. Now, I know it's all developing a degree of corporate World Culture; you can find strip malls in any country in the world now, pretty much. But you know what I mean.

And that's why I hope you have been able to tune in to what is ancient in the places you have visited, to feel the essence of the original founding cultures. They are still intact in Europe, and really in America, too, if you just look for the details. I find details in the landscape, which never changes, or changes very little. That is where you sense the real history of a place, in it's landscape.

That's all I know for tonight, my Darling. Here's to a great week ahead!

I Love You, Elizabeth.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment