Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas At The Movies

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I am just getting home from the movies. That's our Christmas tradition for many years now, ever since Mom and Dad have been gone. Today we went and saw "Birdman", starring Michael Keaton. I had no idea what to expect, but my sister mentioned that it was directed by Alejandro Innaritu, who has made such films as "Babel", Biutiful", and "21 Grams". Those films are all very serious, metaphysical even. "Birdman" was said to be a comedy, and having seen it, it certainly has comedic elements, but those are only part of a many-layered, brilliant film, which really doesn't fit into any particular category. Keaton will almost certainly get an Oscar nomination for best actor, and I wouldn't be surprised if the film itself gets a ton of nominations. It's really good. It's the acting movie of the year, and that's all I will say in case you want to see it for yourself when you get back.

It has gotten very chilly outside all of a sudden - the L.A. Cold is back! So, I will go for part of my walk now (or in a few minutes), just to get it out of the way.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas day, wherever you are in your travels. It will be something you will always remember!

I send you Sweet Dreams, my Baby. I will see you in just a few hours, about 11:30 to Midnight-ish.

I Love You, Elizabeth!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment