Saturday, December 20, 2014

Home For The Holidays (Sweet Dreams & Solstice) (new music)

Good Evening, Sweet Baby,

I am at home, and I am off now for a week. Really was swamped there for the last couple days, but now I can relax and get my bearings back. I have three classic Christmas movies waiting for me at Northridge Library, and I will watch one per night : "Miracle On 34th Street", "White Christmas" and "A Christmas Carol" (the classic 1951 version). Got seven sleep-ins coming, too, although I will get up tomorrow to go sing in the Christmas program at Pearl's church. That's not too early, though. I don't have to be there til 9:45am. So, a nice week ahead, and to really enjoy the days leading up to Christmas. Last night, we did go see the lights. Everybody had fun.

I'll bet it is beautiful in Germany! Is it all lit up at night? I imagine it is.

I hope your trip is off to a good start. I know you might not be able to post as regularly while travelling, but check in when you get a chance. I'd love to hear how it's going. I will post as usual, and now that I won't be as busy for the coming week, it'll be easier. The only other thing I've gotta do today, besides my usual walk, etc., is go pick up my car in a couple hours. It's getting two new front tires.

You've heard the song, "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth"? Well, my car sang me that song a couple weeks ago, only it changed the lyrics to "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Tires". So I said okay, and called Santa........

I will check in later, at Sweet Dreams time. Enjoy the German evening!

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

4:40pm : Happy Late Night, my Baby. I got my car back. Turns out it needs some front end work, which I already knew - it's an old car (a Nissan Sentra, can't beat 'em for durability & reliability) - but for the time being I'll just get the brake job they recommended, and decide later if I wanna have the rest of the work done. I've got another year until my next smog check comes up, and I might just try to squeak by, wait and see if my car will pass smog yet again (always an iffy proposition), and if it does, then I'll have all the rest of the work done.If it doesn't, then I won't have spent a ton of repair money for nothing, and I'll just get another car. But for now, I will get the brakes done. Gotta have brakes, lol.

It's weird being home, haha. This has been just a little visiting place for me for the last three weeks. But tonight I will reacquaint myself, get some reading done. Watch a movie.

I like your post on the Solstice. While I've gotta admit, I'm not a huge fan of the early darkness of this time of year, nor the quality of light in general, I do like the cool, crisp nights of the season, with all the houses lit up. It is indeed a balance of light and dark here on Planet Earth. I'm a bit of a Sun worshiper, lol, but it wouldn't be Christmas if the sun were out til 9pm, and there is something about the early nights that bring out the feel of the season.

But now, for us Lovers Of Light, we will get approximately an extra minute per day for the next 182 days, totaling a little over three hours worth. Hurray!

I hope you are having a blast. I will be back at the usual time, 11:30pm or so. Now I send you Sweet Dreams, and good wishes for tomorrow's explorations.....

I Love You, Elizabeth!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Midnight : I am really liking the few tracks I've heard from this band The Amazing. Not sure I'm crazy about the name - when you call yourself The Amazing, you literally cannot put out a crummy album. What're you gonna do, have a lousy album and yet you're still The Amazing? So, to have the gumption to call yourself such a name, you'd better back it up, and even then I'm still not crazy about the name.

But, the songs I've heard, I do like, especially the nine minute one I posted. The guitar bands that are bringing back melodic guitar music are not vituosic. The players don't have the chops of the legendary guys, but with the best of these bands, they do have a good sense of how to build a song, melodically and dynamically. Sonically, too. They know how to get the best out of their sound.

At any rate, a nice new discovery. Dunno if it'll stand the test of time, but for now they sound good. :)

I hope your morning is off to a good start. When my morning begins, I will head down to the church to sing in the Christmas program. It will be fun, and I am looking forward to it.

I will let you know how it went, and will check in when I get back, about the usual time.

I Love You. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment