Monday, December 8, 2014

The Best Yet (Excuse Me, Ma'am) (the inspiration for early music)

Good Evening, my Darling,

Are you still in Ireland, or back in Florence? Either way, I hope your week is off to a good start. I am at home, but in a few minutes I have to take Pearl's car over to the tire shop. I noticed it has a bolt or screw stuck in one of the rear tires. I don't know how long it's been there, maybe not too long or I probably would have noticed it earlier. The weird thing is that it doesn't seem to be leaking any air, so maybe it's sealed off or just stuck in the tread. I wanna make sure, though, so I'll have the tire guys look at it and pull it out, and if it needs repair then I think they can just put a plug in it. I don't think it'll need a new tire.

Gotta stop at the library, too, and a couple of stores, then back to Pearl's from 4:30 to 6:30. How are things going at school? You must be getting close to finals, if they have finals. I'm sure you'll be doing some kind of final project. And then when does the semester end? Probably before Christmas, I would think, so maybe two more weeks? Well, I hope that, even during the rush and excitement of putting together a final project (if you have to do one), that you have the most wonderful time of your whole Italian experience, and that you really soak up every last detail of your stay in Florence. May your last two weeks be your best, and during the Christmas Season, too. A time you will always remember! :)

I guess I will head out now, to go to the tire shop and then run those errands, but I will check in when I get back to Pearl's at 4:30.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(see you in a bit)

4:40pm : Excuse me, ma'am? Would you happen to have seen a young woman earlier today? It was just a little while ago in fact. I believe she was in Ireland. Long blonde hair, was wearing a white knit sweater with a wide neckline?

What's that? You say you did see her?

Well, will you do me a favor? If you see her again, would you tell her she's gorgeous?

You will? Oh, thanks, ma'am. Thanks very much!

Oh.....what's that? You agree with me? Well, of course you do! Who wouldn't? :)  ///

Oh, hi my Darling. I was just asking about you. :) My goodness, Sweet Baby, that is one incredibly beautiful picture! You look amazing, quite a contrast to the apparently barren landscape of the Giant's Causeway, which I will have to do some Googling on, as I had not heard of it prior to your photo. I am glad you had such a great time, and I knew you would. Ireland is said to be one of the world's most picturesque and amazing places. I am looking forward to seeing more pictures, too. I see, from one of your friend's posts on your FB Timeline, that it is indeed Finals time back in Florence, and I know you will knock it out of the park as always.

I will post now, and then feed the Black Kitty. Kobester will help. He always gets a little bit (half a spoonful) of cat food, just so he won't feel left out. Man, does he love cat food. He'd eat it exclusively if he could!

Sweet Dreams, my Beautiful Honorary Irish Lass.......  :)

I Love You and will see you at 11:30pm (i.e. morning for you).

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):) 

12:20am : Good Morning, Sweet Baby. I am listening to ancient vocal music by English composer Thmas Tallis. It's hypnotising because there is always a drone note, an anchor. Much different than the later polyphonic choral music, which moves because it has melody as well as harmony. But the drone, or anchor, in ancient music, keeps it from moving. It has harmony but not melody. Still, it's awesome in a spiritual sense, and in the context of church music in which it was composed. There must have been an incredible sense of calm, and focus, in that era, for a composer to have come up with such a sound.

Sounds reflect eras. I know there was already a technical aspect to early chant music, even 500 years ago, but I also think there was some very amazing pure source of inspiration present at the time. It sounds like what we imagine Angels might sound like. Imagine a composer hearing such music, or comprehending such music in moments of inspiration, and that he could understand - and connect with - where it came from. Such was the ancient church, I believe - a place of purer connection with God and the Angels. Purer due to the quiet of the age, which is apparent in the early music.

I am sleepy this eve, but I got a new Stephen King book, "Revival" from Northridge Libe, so I am happy. Only 25 pages in, but I'm already hooked. SK is a constant in my life for almost 40 years now.....

That's all I know for tonight, my Angel.

I Love You and will see you in the morn.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment