Monday, April 6, 2015

Back From The Huntington + Badgers (halftime) (aww, geez) (Supplier of Magic)

Hi, my Darling,

I am back from an afternoon at The Huntington Library in San Marino. It was a blast - we saw all kinds of botanical gardens including an enormous desert garden, an Australian garden,  a beautifully landscaped Japanese garden complete with a large koi pond and, best of all, a life size model of a Japanese house with sliding wall panels and floor mats, etc. I felt like I was in an Ozu movie, it was surreal!

There was a Chinese garden as well, with beautiful pavillions and carved rock sculptures. And finally, there was a rose garden so full of blooms it was an amazing sight to behold. We also went into the main Huntington House where all the art is located, and we saw all the Gainsborough and Joshua Reynolds paintings. The most famous ones are "Pinky" and "Blue Boy", which I mentioned from our last trip to The Huntington in November. Last time, we did not see all the gardens because we did not know which path to take to access them. The Huntington property is huge. But this time we found them, and it was really something to see. I am kind of kicking myself for not bringing my camera, but the next time I will bring it for sure.

Well, I know the game is getting ready to start, and I am sure everyone is waiting by their tvs, and the bars and restaurants are packed. I will be watching, too, and I will check in when the game is over.

Go Badgers! One national championship, coming up!

I Love You and will be back in a little while.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Halftime : Good Lordy, Sweet Baby! What a game. I was getting nervous when UW had several turnovers about 10 or 12 minutes in, and Duke went up by six. But then the Badgers went on a seven point run. Boy, Duke is pretty relentless. UW needs to just keep sticking it to 'em and not let up, because they are fast. Badgers gotta slow the game down. Well, anyway, this one's gonna go down to the wire.

Back when it's over.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

8:25pm : Aww, man............I am sorry, my Darling. That last five minutes was tough. The Duke defense really put the hammer down on UW, and then they just kept running and running on offense. What a game, though, and a real nail biter for most of the way. The Badgers would love to have those last five minutes back to do over, but I think the main problem was the speed of Duke. That, and the little shrimp they have who kept running in there for layups.

On the good side, I hadn't seen Frank Kaminsky play before, but he will be a high NBA pick. Is he a senior, or does he come back next year? If he comes back, you guys could get to the championship game again.

Well, my team (UCLA), which was once great, never gets past the final eight anymore, so it was fun to follow your team all the way to the end. I'm sorry they didn't quite pull it off, but it went right down to the wire. Next time they will win it.  :)

Best of all, I just saw your post, and I love it! That trumps anything! So, it's still a great day.

I Love You, Elizabeth. I am gonna go do my walk, and then I will be back at the usual time.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:20am : Happy Late Night, my Baby. I am listening to some fantastic Scriabin playing by Vladamir Sofronitsky, who is not well known outside Russia but who is one of the greatest pianists I've ever heard. So much feeling and sensitivity.

Well, what a day. The good and the bad. I imagine there was disappointment around town, but that will wear off and then there will be another high point to look forward to. And, you have a high point coming up directly, in just three days.

Me, I've got three more sleep-ins coming up, and an endless supply of interesting things to think about, and read about, and to do. They aren't always Big Things in the outward sense, but inwardly they are all encompassing, and that is because they come from God, the supplier of All Things.

Remember that God creates Magic (among other amazing things), and that Magic is what happens when you tune in to all the small details of all the things you love about life, and about this world, and then when you - in turn - reflect that love and appreciation back to God, always in the way that you perceive God. 

So just notice, appreciate, and reflect. And then watch the Magic happen in your life, and continue the cycle.

Sweet Dreams, my Darling. I Love You and will see you in the morning.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment