Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Tuesday Afternoon Love + Mammifer (late night love and studies, Mount Vesuvius)

Happy Early Evening, my Darling,

I just saw your post. For a minute, I was going, "hmmm, I know that name. Where do I know it from"? And then as I kept reading, I said, "Yeah, Mammifer! I saw them open for Alcest in October 2013". Yeah, they were far out. I remember it was just the two of them, and he (on guitar) used a lot of feedback ala SunnO))), and she played minimalist-style piano melodies and sang ethereal vocals. They were really good! I remember they were super loud, too. I'll have to go through my blogs and find the one from the concert, because I know I wrote at least a few sentences about them.

I like their lifestyle, and that they have created their own reality. It is very much the kind of thing I am always talking about, that there is no "set" prescription for a happy life, i.e. because one has earned a college degree, one must now follow the proven formula for a successful career. Or the opposite : because one did not attend college, one must find a job that will provide long-term financial security in order to have stability.

Of course, there is some wisdom in those philosophies that could apply to, and benefit, many people. And as I have also said, for many people, the so-called "proven path" to success, is indeed a good way to go.

But for others, those with a certain type of sensitivity to life, and who also have some saavy about how to succeed slightly outside The System, well, there are other pathways to happiness. The Mammifer duo are a great example of this.

We create our own reality in life, if we want to, and if we have the saavy to do so. We do, and we could do it, too, you know........

:):)

I agree with your other post, too. I am against hunting, but in my case I would be remiss if I did not qualify my statement with the admission that I still eat meat occasionally, and fish (salmon and tuna) are a staple of my diet.

I am 100% against hunting as a sport, and think it should be outlawed in that regard. How would people like it if someone wanted to hunt their dog, just for sport : "Bagged me a 90lb. Lab last weekend".

God Forbid, right?

So the same should be true for trophy hunting of any kind.

It is raining on and off today, so I am gonna see how it is doing outside right now, and I may go for part of my walk if the rain is light or if it has stopped. If not, maybe I will watch an "X-File" or read for a little bit. Grimsley is coming over at 7:45 to show me more from his "Sugar Man" dvd. He wants me to see some of the extras, stuff about Rodriguez that's not in the movie.

In any case, I will be back later. I hope you are having a great day.

I Love You! Great find with the Mammifer article.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:35am : Happy Super-Late Night, my Baby. Tonight, besides hanging out with Grim, I was also catching up on a ton of reading, which included finishing "Where Did The Towers Go", Dr. Judy Wood's outstanding and highly detailed book which offers exhaustive proof that the WTC towers did not collapse as a result of airplane crashes or fires or even controlled demolition, but instead were basically turned into dust as they fell from the top down. It's a book America and the world need to read, but won't. But if they would, they would have a greater understanding of the nature of the kinds of technology that exist in the world. I say all of this with such directness because of what happened to myself and others in 1989, which will one day become known. Part of the power of such technology is that people refuse to acknowledge that it can exist, even though the general ideas behind it's existence have been around for over one hundred years. I myself refuse to be a part of that ignorance (ignore being the key root word), and so I am grateful for such a towering work as Dr. Wood has put forth.........

I know it's a heavy subject, but it's a large part of my studies. The truth is important, especially Big Truth.

I am also just beginning Dr. Farrell's "Financial Vipers Of Venice", which starts out with an examination of the writings of the Hermeticist and heretic Giordano Bruno, whom I had not heard of but who rebelled against the Church in Italy in the late 16th century. I don't know if you are familiar with Hermetic philosophy (I am new to the subject myself), but being a Pagan, you might find some of it interesting. For me, all this stuff blows my mind, and I guess that's what you get when you go to Oxford, as Dr. Farrell did. You get an education into all kinds of esoteric subjects.

And you can get it at home, too.........just by reading.  :)

I was also doing some continuing research on Dad's WW2 experience, as reported recently. Having all these days off in a row has given me the chance to catch up on stuff, but anyway, I had remembered that Dad used to talk about witnessing the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in Naples. That was a story he told many times when I was little, so.........thanks to Google, I was able to discover that the eruption took place over several days beginning on March 18, 1944. Dad's discharge papers, which Vickie brought over last Saturday, indicate that his unit landed in the ETO (European Theater of Operations) on March 16. They docked in Casablanca and went through Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia before moving through the Mediterranean to Sicily and Naples. It always seemed abstract to me until now, and because I have been able to place dates on his journey, it seems more real. Dad used to talk in some detail about his experience in North Africa - riding trains with sword carrying Arabs - but it seems that part of his trip only lasted two days. He was only 48 hours or so into his war experience by the time his group got to Naples, just as Vesuvius was exploding.

Dad tried to relate a lot to me when I was a very small boy, old enough to hear and understand the words, but too young to comprehend. So now I am trying to at least form a timeline of his experience from the details I can remember, the things he told me as a kid.

I know it's all family stuff, but again, it's all part of my studies. To know and understand the past is to gain a greater comprehension of the present, and of how and why things happen.

That's all I know for tonight, my Darling. I will see you in the morn, and I still have two sleep-ins to go.  :)

I Love You and hope you had a great day.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment