Friday, April 3, 2015

Good Friday Service (we did good) (home?) (sweet dreams)

Hi, my Darling,

Happy Good Friday. I am home from church. We sang pretty darn good tonight if I do say so myself. We had readers whose narration is part of the cantata, and they follow the storyline of Good Friday and Easter. We had not rehearsed with the narration before, but it fit right in, and we sang three songs in a row, as part of the Good Friday portion of the cantata. It was fun! :)

On Sunday we will do four more songs from the same cantata, and we should have a bigger congregation than we did tonight.

You are probably in Chicago, so you can read this when you get home. I hope your concert is going well, and I'm sure it is. I'm off till Thursday but I'll still be busy. Tomorrow I will be going back to Pearl's for a pre-Easter brunch given by her daughter. It's a recent tradition and my sister Vickie and her husband will be there too. Then Sunday is Easter, and on Monday, Pearl and Helen (her daughter) are gonna take me to The Huntington Library for an early birthday celebration. I've told you about The Huntington; we went there last Fall. That time, we had lunch at the Tea Room as well, which is a Huntington tradition. This time I'm not sure if we are going for lunch, too, but we are going, so that'll be Monday. The Huntington is a lot of fun and very interesting, too.

I am gonna relax for a few and then go on a late half-walk. Don't feel like doing the whole thing, haha.
I will write more at the usual time. I hope you're having a blast at the show, if you went which I'm sure you did.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a bit)

9:45pm : Hi, Sweet Baby. I'm checking back in because it looks like you just posted something on Facebook, or rather "liked" a post by your friend Keith. Because of the timing - right after I posted this blog - I am wondering, or guessing, that it means you didn't go to Chicago? Or maybe you did and you posted from your iPhone. I dunno. But if you didn't go, I hope you are enjoying your evening anyway. I hope if you didn't go that you aren't too disappointed. I know Chicago is pretty far. What, about 90 or 100 miles? That would be like driving to San Bernardino for me. That's a place where they have a lot of outdoor concerts, like they used to have Ozzzfest there, and other shows, but I hardly ever went because it was too far. I don't like to drive that far, myself.

Anyway, I am sure you will go to one of the future Vaskula shows, if you did not go tonight. And you will be going to the club show tomorrow. There will be many shows to come, you can trust me on that!

Well, same plan as before. Half-walk in a little while. I triple-love you.  :):)

12:30am: A super-late night post from home, where I immediately revert to my own biological clock and stay up a little later, no matter how tired I am. I did wind up doing most of my walk, 3.75 miles worth, and when I got home a little while ago, I was falling asleep reading my book (still working on Dr. Judy Wood's brilliant "Where Did The Towers Go?").

But The Collins Kids have me jumpin' once again, haha. Sorry about all the Collins Kids videos, my Baby, but I do get a kick out of them. I think they're fun, and they rock. That kid could show a lot of guitarists a thing or two, lol. They're the Van Halen of 1950s rockabilly!

I tell ya - the things I have found on Youtube.

But I wouldn't post it if it wasn't good in some way, and if it wasn't related to Sweet Babyism. Those are the two criteria.  :)

That's all I know for tonight, my Baby, on this super-late Good Friday evening. They played the entire St. Matthew Passion on KUSC earlier, and it's gotta be one of the greatest pieces of music ever composed, as profound as the event it describes and represents, through the power of melody and emotion.

I will see you in the morn.

I Love You.

Sweet Dreams..........     xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment