Saturday, April 4, 2015

Saturday Sweet Babyism (Badgers!) (Daddio, too)

Hey, Sweet Baby,

Happy Saturday Evening! I am home, we had a nice brunch over at Pearl's. Went shopping, too, and then after that to wash cars. I am still super full, everything was delicious including cheesecake for dessert. I hope you are having a nice day, and I saw your post about the Quercus Land Stewardship. Springtime means burn time, it looks like. And time for documentaries on the subject as well.  :)

I hope you are enjoying your Saturday. Grim is gonna come over this evening to show me a music documentary that he won't tell me the name of. He wants it to be a surprise, I suppose. I hope it's a good surprise. Grim likes some stuff I'm not crazy about, like punk rock and the Grateful Dead, but then I don't think he'd go so far as to bring documentaries of them for me to watch, haha. Well, I'll soon find out what it is. Continue to enjoy your evening and I will be back later on, at the usual time, and not so late this evening (closer to 11:30ish) because I've gotta get up for church tomorrow morn.

I Love You! Continue to enjoy your evening.......

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a bit)

11:50pm : Hey, Elizabeth......Wow! Big congrats to you and all Badgers and everybody in your state for your victory over Kentucky today. I had a feeling that was gonna happen, because they just barely hung on to beat Notre Dame last week. But you guys did it. Now all you've gotta do is beat Duke on Monday. I think UW got to the Final Four last year, if I'm not mistaken, and this time you're one step closer.

So go get 'em Badgers!

P.S. I could root for Duke, lol, because my Dad went there for one whole semester, but he hated it (said it was full of snobs) and so he returned home to finish his education at the University of Cincinnati. So I won't root for Duke! You guys should be able to take 'em.  :)

Grimsley came over and the documentary he wanted to show me was "Searching For Sugar Man", which, as you probably know, won an Academy Award in 2012. I had never seen it and didn't really know what it was about, but again - wow. What a story. You have probably seen it (it seems everybody has but me), and when I saw it tonight, I was half-certain that it was fictional, i.e. that the guy was a made-up character and the story was a clever script.......until they introduced the guy himself. I am omitting his name just in case you haven't seen it. It's a pretty far out story, and very inspirational.

When it was over, I thought of my example of Emily Dickinson as an artist (poet in her case) who didn't give a hoot about publicity, or even being published, and who stuffed all of her poems into a trunk, only to have her sister find them years later, and she became world famous after she died.

The "Sugar Man" story is not altogether similar to that, but it's along the same general lines. And I imagine you've seen it, but if you haven't, check it out.

The only other thing I did this evening was to do more research on Dad's World War Two records. I have been trying to find out what unit he was with, and today, Vickie brought over his Record Of Separation, which is a document all soldiers were given upon being discharged from the military. It has a limited amount of info, but some of it is very useful. So I was able, through Googling, to discover that Dad was in one of the Signal Aircraft Warning Battalions, possibly the 562nd. I know that it's all probably "guy stuff" and in this case family stuff too, but I was excited to find something, because I have wanted very much to know what my Dad's war experience was, and now I know a little bit more than I did. And, being a Master Googler, I can use this info to hopefully discover more of the story. I will keep trying. :)

Well, I've got another gig to play in the morning, lol. What's the saying? - "Gotta sing, gotta dance"?

Let's just keep the "gotta sing" part, at least for now (and good luck getting me to dance, haha).

But - now that I'm singing, I do gotta sing. It's musical, and it's fun.

We should have a full house on Easter Sunday, so here we go!

I will check in when I get home, which should be about Noon or so.

Sweet Dreams, and I will see you after church. I Love You!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment