Wednesday, April 1, 2015

You've Got It! (sweet dreams)

Happy Afternoon, my Darling,

I am at home after picking Pearl up from her crafts meeting. It's a gorgeous day outside and I am tempted to go for a quick hike, but I also have stuff to do, like laundry and shopping. What should I do? Put the other stuff off? I have about a half hour to decide, haha. If I choose the hike option, I can sneak in a quick one from 3 to 4pm, and then head back to Pearl's. We'll see.....  :)

I hope you are enjoying your day, and one more time I must tell you how impressed I am with your commercial. You have got what it takes, and you are gonna make it in your chosen field. You know how some folks in the various fields of the arts, unfortunately, have to have the dreaded "something to fall back on" because they aren't gonna make it?

That's not gonna happen to you.

Now, I'm not saying that a person shouldn't (or should, for that matter) have "something to fall back on", i.e. another way to "make a living" (a dumb phrase) in case their artistic career doesn't pan out. What I am saying is that a lot of folks who are trying to make it in the arts may not have the talent and/or skills to begin with, and for those folks, it might be good to have a second choice. Or not, because I am hardly one to offer advice in that regard, not being a career person myself.

But you, you are not gonna have to worry about any of that, because you are gonna make it. Take it from one who has an eye for such things. All you have to do - and I've been saying this for a while now - is to keep at it, in all aspects, and allow things to keep developing. Also, very important is to slowly decide, as you go along, what kind of "career" you want to have. You can tell I'm not a big fan of that word, lol, and the reason is because it's restrictive. But I realise not everyone thinks like I do, so I'll use that word for now, lol.

But what I mean is that some folks might come right out of the gate saying, "I wanna be a wedding photographer", and then make every effort in that one direction. And that is awesome - if that is both their desire and their specialty.

But for you, I recommend to slowly decide, as you go along, because you have a wide range of talents. You can do commercial work, or artistic work. So - and don't worry too much about this at the moment because you are young and have time to decide - but you could eventually say, "well, I'll do some commercial work, but what I really wanna do is my own artistic vision". Or you could say, "you know, I am really good at commercial work and I enjoy working with clients. That's the way I'm gonna go".

There are all kinds of ways, but I mention this because you see some of these photogs that you are a fan of, some of the fantasy photographers for instance, and they have turned their artistic visions into their own commercial product.

And you write music too (beautiful music!) and so you have an added talent in your arsenal.

The main thing for today, and the near future, is the Intent Factor.

Know that you are going to live your life as an Artist, and take your time, as you continue to work, in deciding exactly what direction you wish to take things. In fact, you never need to make a specific decision, as there are many artistic roads to venture down, as long as you always keep thinking of which idea you might want to work on next.

You've got it, Elizabeth!

I will be back at Pearl's at 4:30, usual schedule all day.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Midnight : Hi, Sweet Baby. Super late night once again, but all is quiet, and it was a good day. I never did go on a hike, was kind of tired, but no biggie. True hiking season is yet to come, in the Summer months. Now is just warm ups. Speaking of warm, I checked weather.com earlier this eve, and Madison was warmer than Northridge! What in the wide world of sports is going on? I think we were 73 or something, and you guys were listed at 77. My goodness! But I'm glad, and I hope you like it that way. I know you do!  :)

I liked your post of your friend's photos earlier today, and if I'm not mistaken, that particular friend lives here in the L.A. area, and some of those pics capture the Valley look very well, with the white picket fence and medium sized tract home. That's perfect Valley.

I Love You, Elizabeth, and I will see you in the morn.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Sweet Dreams....

No comments:

Post a Comment