Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Agalloch Tonight + Triple (Heavy Metal + Love + Sweet Dreams)

Hi, my Darling,

I'm checking in earlier today because I'm gonna head out to the Agalloch show in a couple hours. It's near Downtown L.A., at The Echoplex, where they've also played the other two times I've seen them. With traffic, it'll probably take an hour or more to get down there. Can't use the subway for this show, it doesn't go to this part of town, so Grimsley is gonna drive. We'll leave about 7pm. I figure that if Helen Money goes on around 9 at the latest, Agalloch should probably be on by 10 or 10:15 and over by Midnight, which means I should be home around 1am.

That's super late for you, and I know you'll be asleep, but I'll write anyway when I get back, just to tell you how the show was, and also to send you Sweet Dreams in your sleep.

I hope you are having a great day and doing something fun. Our weather is crazy - yesterday we finally had a Summer day, blue sky, bright Sun and 95 degrees, and today it's overcast again, and drizzly, and about 75 degrees. It's nutty, I tell ya......  :)

Well, in a few minutes I will do a half walk, and that will suffice for the day. I don't wanna overdo it because I've gotta stand in one place for hours at the concert, so I need to save my feet and legs for that. Anyway, tomorrow I will do a ton of walking when I go Downtown on the train.

That's all for now, Sweet Baby! Enjoy your evening and I will write more when I get back.

I Triple Love You!!!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

1:05am : Happy Super Late Night, my Baby! I am home from the show, and my ears are ringin'. :) OMG, were they ever loud. But my goodness, were they ever good! Two hours of bone crushing riffs and shredding guitars. I was up front as usual, right up against the stage on the J William W side. I was also right in front of an incense pot on top of a log, so when John came out to light them, I was right there. Man, Agalloch is an awesome live band, just killer. Don Anderson always winds up on the floor at the end, shredding away with his guitar in the air. I'll bet his English Literature students would get a kick out of seeing him that way, if he's still a professor, that is.  :)

Helen Money opened with a half hour of Heavy Metal Space Cello, so it was an awesome double bill.

You know what made my night perfect, though? Right before I left, I saw your post of your friend Sarah's picture of a pathway, and what looked like pavement or stepping stones, and she wrote "walks" in the text section. I thought maybe you posted that for me, and it made me feel great all night long. One of these days, you are gonna come with me on a walk, and it will be in a beautiful place and we will always remember it.

These are the things in life - the moments, the so-called "little things" which are actually the biggest things of all - the things you never forget.

It's an amazing life. I Love You, Elizabeth, and I send you Sweet Dreams till the morning.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment