Sunday, June 28, 2015

Sunday Evening Love (rock n roll)

Good Evening, my Darling,

I am home and off work until Thursday afternoon. Just chillin' right now. We have some monsoon weather happening, coming off the Pacific Ocean, so it's super hot and ultra muggy. We never get monsoons here, lol, just the aftermath weather, but it sometimes makes for nice sunsets so I'll take my camera along on my walk in a little while. I think my friend Ono might be coming with.

I hope you had a nice day, and I hope your photo shoot went well, if indeed you did have a shoot (I think you said you were gonna).

I have already watched one movie today - "The Wolf Man" from 1941 - so maybe later I will watch another. I will also write more later on, no later than the usual time. For now, I'll be here till about 7:30. Enjoy your evening!

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:25am : Happy Super Late Night, my Baby. Sorry about the late hour, I was with Ono for a while, then went for my walk, watched a "Breaking Bad" - you know I always revert to my own natural hours whenever I have days off. I guess you were busy today anyway, and I hope all went well.

We did get an awesome sunset, just as I predicted. It's almost impossible to reproduce in a photo, but you've gotta snap it anyway, lol. As you know, my high school photo teacher would not have approved!

Well, it was quite a surprise, and a bad one at that, to hear of Chris Squire's passing this morning. I got a text while in church, figured it was for something innocuous and didn't check it until later. Then I was shocked, even though it was reported a couple weeks ago that he had leukemia.

I know you know who Yes are, pretty sure you've probably heard at least a couple of their songs. For people my age who were fans in the 70s, it's really hard to overstate the impact Yes had on our ongoing musical experience and education. It's hard to be original in music, to sound like no one else, but those guys did it, and Chris Squire was one of the main reasons or maybe even the main one. Not just for his bass playing and his backup singing, but for his musical vision. Today was quite a day, to lose a guy of Chris Squire's stature, but we are at an age now when we are indeed losing some of the guys who were so young when they were making all that great music, and because it's rock n' roll, I guess we never think of them as old, even though some are now heading into their 70s.

At any rate, here's to Chris Squire, one of the greatest musicians in the history of rock. And here's to the art school tradition in England that produced so many incredibly creative musicians in our lifetimes.

That's all I know for today. I hope you had a great day and I will see you in the morning. Sweet Dreams.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment