Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Power To The People (or at least me) + Million Dollar Smile + Mercury (sweet dreams)

Good Evening, Sweet Baby,

I'm at Pearl's, I got here early tonight because my power is still out at home. I called the DWP a little while ago, and they informed me that the building owner didn't even call to have it turned back on. I told the manager about the problem at around 2pm and he said he'd call the owner right away. I guess he never did. Also, the reason he gave me - for why my electricity is off - doesn't make any sense. He said that the girls next door, who just moved out two days ago, must have called the power company (DWP) to have the electricity in their unit shut off, as would a homeowner who was moving, for instance. They lived in unit #19. I am in 19A (the famous Tiny Apartment), and my unit was once a part of theirs. At some point, the owner put up a wall and made two units out of one. Anyway, the electricity in my apartment is connected to the circuitry in their apartment, #19. The circuit breaker for both units is in their unit, so, if they had called to have their electricity shut off, mine would automatically have been shut off as well. But the manager's reason makes no sense, because A) the girls in #19 didn't pay an electric bill. Nobody does in our building. The owner pays for water and power. And more importantly, B) even if they did call, the person on the phone at DWP would take a look at the account listed for our building's address, and would say, "I'm sorry, but I cannot authorize that request because your name is not on the account. It looks like the building's owner is listed as the account holder. You'll have to have her call us".

A person can't just willy-nilly call up to have power shut off at a given address unless their name is on the account. So the reason the manager gave me makes no sense. So, I don't understand what is going on, and I don't understand why the manager told me he'd call the owner right away, but then nobody called the DWP to turn my power back on. When I called them an hour ago, they had heard nothing.

Weird, weird and weird. And a big inconvenience, and I don't like it. I pay a ridiculous sum of money (more than most mortgages in other parts of the country) to live in an apartment so small I can barely turn around in it, and somebody turns my power off for no good reason and then takes their sweet time to turn it back on.

Well, that's the end of my rant. Sorry about that. :) It's just frustrating, is all, especially because it makes no sense........

Anyhow, I like your photo, and that is once again your Million Dollar Smile making an appearance! And the post also answers my question about when the video is coming out : next week, and so I am looking forward to seeing it very much! I know it's gonna be great!

Man, that was what my Mom would have called "The Mercury Hour" earlier this evening, when all those comments were going back and forth about The Runaways. Back in the 70s and 80s, when Chris and I were younger, whenever the phone would ring a lot with friends calling, Mom would say "It's the Mercury Hour". I guess meaning Mercury as the God of Communication. So my Suzi Quatro photo, which I'd remarked wasn't getting any likes as compared to the Cherie Currie photo, all of a sudden brought on The Mercury Hour with the topic of The Runaways. My goodness.....

I am gonna make some split-pea soup real quick, and then I'll be back for a little more at my usual Late Night time. I hope your day and evening have been great!

I Love You, Elizabeth.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a bit)

12:15am : Just me again, checking in to wish you Sweet Dreams. I sure hope they turn my power on tomorrow morn, and then when I have my five days off beginning on Saturday, I can just relax, relax, relax. It's all I wanna do, lol. Just a whole lot of nothing.......

Fingers are crossed for a good day tomorrow, and continued good results for your video, if you are still working on post-production.

I will see you in the morning, my Darling. I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment