Saturday, June 13, 2015

Steven Wilson Tonight (as good as it gets)

Good Evening, Sweet Baby!,

I wanted to check in and say hi before I leave for the Steven Wilson show at 6:30. I hope you are enjoying your Saturday evening. I think I should be home semi-early. It says that the doors open at 7pm, which means SW should come on by 8 or 8:30. I can't imagine him making people wait much longer than that. There's no opening act, so if he comes on at 8:30 and plays two hours, I'll be back at Pearl's by 11:30. So I should be back to write at the usual time.

I am really looking forward to the concert. One thing about SW, you always get an excellent sound mix. He usually has some good visuals, too. And of course I love his music.

So I'll see you when I get back. Enjoy your evening!

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:15am : Happy Late Night, my Darling. I actually got back from the show at 10:55pm, but I've been making a late night snack and getting things situated here. Good Lordy Moses, what a show! His band is off-the-charts incredible, playing very advanced music, not so much in the complexity - because SW always puts melody first (though it can be complex) - but in the sound dynamics. A huge part of Steven Wilson's deal is sound, and there were some low end sequences, featuring synchronized playing by a supernaturally tight band, that sounded almost three dimensional. Best sound I've ever heard at a venue of that size, and in some ways, the best sound ever. That 3d low end stuff was unreal, like music from Jupiter.

They played from 8pm to 10:15, and that's another thing I like, a concert that runs on schedule. I was able to get back to Pearl's in time to post my nightly song for my Sweet Baby, so thank you Mr.Wilson in that regard, too.

His music really takes off in concert, really becomes huge, and in that setting it sounds like progressive music for the 21st century, a whole new sound, and in that regard it lives up to the great concert experiences of the original progressive era of the 1970s. The visuals were incredible, too.

All I can say is "Wow".

As you know, sometimes that's all you can say.  :)

Well, my Baby, that's all for tonight. I will see you in the morn, and then again after church.

I Love You! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Sweet Dreams.......

No comments:

Post a Comment