Saturday, June 6, 2015

Friday Night Love

Hi, Sweet Baby,

Happy Late Night. It's been a quiet day for the most part. I drove The Kobester out to Le Groomer this morn for his scheduled appointment, but when we got there, the shop was locked up with shutters drawn. I rang the buzzer, waited five minutes, rang it again and waited.......but no one ever came. So Kobe got a reprieve, and we drove home. More slight weirdness to the week. They had him scheduled and everything, but then they weren't there.

Well, after tomorrow morning I will have five days off. Without this break, I would not have lasted much longer. This has been the most difficult work cycle I have had in the 5 - plus years I've been working for Pearl. She just plain doesn't sleep, except in fits and starts, and when she does sleep, it's in the daytime for an hour here and an hour there, and then she's up all night and thus I can't sleep. It's dementia, and it's not easy to deal with as a full-time caregiver. I will keep doing my level best, because it's my job and also because I need the money, but I am gonna have to find a way to adjust to her (non) sleeping pattern to avoid collapse. I am sorry to say that I think the non-cohesive sleeping on Pearl's part is gonna be a permanent thing from now on, because it's a brain pattern that's locked in : she wakes up constantly thinking it's morning or even lunchtime, and I can even open a curtain and show her the dark night sky but it doesn't convince her.

So, I can go to bed at 1 or 1:30, but then she will wake me up at 2:30. Then I get her to go back to sleep and she will wake me up again at 4am, and then again at 5:30 or 6am. Her mind is programmed, or stuck on "it's morning, time to wake up", no matter the time of day. So a full night's sleep is a thing of the past for me at the moment.

I do wanna try and continue for now, however, because I am able to save more money than before.

At any rate, nothing is at a breaking point just yet. I will try to find a way to even sleep in the daytime, if necessary, or work around it somehow.

Sorry that this blog is a bunch of complaining by me. Things will improve eventually. And, I have five days off to help me regroup, which will be great.

Also, yesterday the Warriors beat the Cavs, so maybe they can keep LeBron from winning the championship, haha. That's one of my sports obsessions, I know. I am anti-LeBron, but in that I know I'm not alone, so Go Warriors!

I hope you had a great Friday, and a nice start to your weekend. By tomorrow afternoon I will be home until Thursday. I will see you in the morn.

I Love You, Elizabeth.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment