Sunday, August 16, 2015

Golden Valley Ranch

Hi, my Darling,

Happy Late Saturday Night. I hope you had a nice day today. As you probably saw on FB, I made a discovery of a new Open Space in Santa Clarita called Golden Valley Ranch. It's on Placerita Canyon Road, not far from Walker Ranch as it turned out, so I found it and had an awesome hike, super hot like all my best hikes of last Summer. It was 106 today, so you know I loved it, lol.

This particular piece of land is just beautiful, and while the trail is not long - only about a mile - it leads to yet another Open Space called East Walker Ranch. So I made two discoveries, actually, and when I go back next time I will check out East Walker.

In all, that makes four hiking places along Placerita Canyon Road : The main park, i.e. Placerita Canyon Nature Center, the place I went as a kid, and still one of the best hiking trails of them all. Then Walker Ranch, which I discovered last Fall. Walker is at the end of the two mile trail leading from the Nature Center. Then my two discoveries today, about a mile further down the road : Golden Valley Ranch and East Walker.

The website (hikesantaclarita.com) says that East Walker has a lot of wildlife, including Condors, which would be incredibly awesome to see, like seeing an Eagle for you. Well, I will go back soon, preferably on a Super Hot Day, in order to get the proper feeling.

I know I'm a little nutty. I may have mentioned that before.....   :)

It's funny though, and in all seriousness, I just love that feeling of the Summer heat, combined with the dry feeling in the air, and the look of all those Summer Colors as I  call them. They may not be beautiful in the traditional sense, but they have a rustic look that I love.

As with everything else, it's all about The Feel.

It always is.

That was my day, except for this eve, when Grimsley came over to play me a Van Halen bootleg he acquired, from a 1976 show when they were still a club band, before their first record came out.

Tomorrow is church and singing. That's our club, and we don't have our first record out yet, either, but before you know it, we'll probably be playing arenas just like Van Halen. I mean - you never know, right?

We're called The Choir, by the way. Spread the word.  :)

It's gonna be another Super Hot One tomorrow, 107 so they predict. I say Yippee!

Gotta enjoy it while it lasts, because this Winter - supposedly (and I hope they're wrong) - we're gonna get the El Nino to end all El Ninos. "El Nino" is what they call A Ton Of Rain in California. It actually describes a weather condition arising out of the Pacific Ocean. Dunno why they call it "The Child", but anyhow, when it happens, all heck breaks loose, water water everywhere, and all of that.

At any rate, I hope all projects are coming along well. I hope also that you are having a blast this Summer in general.

I Love You and will see you in the morning, and then after church.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Sweet Dreams......

No comments:

Post a Comment