Friday, August 28, 2015

Welles + 'Sconsin = Wellesconsin.

Hi, my Darling,

Happy Late Night. Tonight began the Fall semester Film Retrospective at CSUN, and as I may have mentioned, we are doing Orson Welles this time around. He's a Wisconsin boy, so you're in good company (and vice-versa, so is Welles!). He did not make enough feature films to fill out 15 weeks, so tonight we started off with a documentary about the man called "Magician".

I think I may have mentioned all of this to you previously. But anyway, I did not know a lot about Orson Welles, only the main things he was famous for, the 1939 "War Of The Worlds" radio broadcast, "Citizen Kane", and a few other films. He had kind of a hard career, because he wanted to make films his way, in the age of the Studio System in Hollywood, when directors did not often have final cut on their films, or too much creative freedom period. Plus, he came out of the gate at 26 with "Citizen Kane", which was a work of creative genius and at the same time made a lot of powerful people mad because of the subject matter.

Speaking of Wisconsin people, I posted a small article a couple weeks ago about a film studio called Triangle Film Corporation, which preceded MGM Studios on the same gigantic lot in Culver City. Triangle was in the game at the beginning of the film business, in the silent era, and it was founded in 1915 by the Aitken brothers of Wisconsin, who are credited according to Wiki as being influential in the creation of the Hollywood Studio System. So there you have it! The 'Sconsin Influence is clear.  :)

Hey - everybody out here in California came from the Midwest. At least, back in the old days they did.

Also got my hair cut today. My last cut was back in May, so it was getting kinda straggly. You, of course, have incredible hair, a fact amply demonstrated by the stunning self portrait you have recently posted at your professional website. My goodness, woman!

That is a beautiful picture of you.

My hair is quite a bit shorter now, but it looks good. Next time I may try for some color.......or I may chicken out. Let me know what I should do, color or no color. I can't decide.  :)

I hope you had an awesome day. I liked your behind the scenes photographs from the Good Morning V shoot. Keep shooting, keep posting!

I Love You and will see you in the morn.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment