Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Three Years :):) (SK and other stuff)

Good Evening, my Darling,

Congratulations on three years of excellent photography! I did not know that you just started in 2012, but maybe you mean that's when you really started to get serious about it. At any rate, it's a blast, and do you know what? That's also when I got my little Panasonic and started to take digital photographs : Summer 2012! Before that, I had been using mostly disposable Kodaks for about 15 years, haha. Got some good results with those, too, and before that, my film cameras for my whole life up to about age 40 or so. But yeah, 2012 was the year.

And we are both having a blast taking pictures!  :):)

I liked your post this morning about hikers being happy people. It sure makes me happy, I will testify! Part of it was all the discoveries I made last year, but the biggest part is just being there, out in the open, and when I go to a place like Corriganville, Placerita or Santa Su, where I have made repeat visits, I can get to "know" certain aspects of the place, like where a favorite tree or rock formation is located, or a or a special part of a trail.

Can't wait to get back out to Santa Clarita to check out East Walker Ranch!

Right now, I am gonna relax for a few, then go for my walk. Art Bell is gonna have a guest who will be talking about Flight 800, and I don't wanna miss that. I will be back later tonight, "same Bat Time, same Bat Channel"! Google that and see what it means!  :)

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a bit)

12:30am : Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby. It took a few minutes longer to get situated tonight, but here I am. I hope you had a nice evening. I finished "Finders Keepers" (by King), and maaaaann, was it a good one! A total page turner. This book was the second in a trilogy of crime novels he is writing, but because they are Stephen King crime novels, they have his own elements of horror and (yes) humor in them. His "pure" horror novels are not page turners, I find, and that's not because you don't care about what happens next, but because they are so descriptive. Especially in his longer books (and I may have already pointed this out), the descriptive aspect - of characters, of scene, of action - is so thorough that it takes a lot longer to absorb each page. But with his crime novels (a new style for SK), he has really stripped down his writing, almost down to the narrative alone, but because he is a master of words and sentences, you still feel like you are In The Story, even though the pages fly by much faster.

My first Stephen King book was "The Shining" in 1977. I had seen a paperback copy of "Salem's Lot" in our local supermarket in Fall 1976, and I saw the name and wondered, "who's this"? Then that October, the movie "Carrie" was released. It was made from his first book, which had passed right by most of the public, including me. But I guess his publisher knew that, with the movie coming out, they had a Big Deal on their hands. I started reading SK with "The Shining" in '77 and I've never stopped since. I haven't read every single word he ever wrote, but pretty close.

Not many of my favorite creative people have been with me as long, and if I were to think about those who have been there the whole time, and who have continued to create, I guess I'd say:

Ritchie Blackmore, who I discovered in 1972.

Sparks, 1974.

Rush, 1976.

Eddie Van Halen, 1976.

Stephen King, 1976.

David Lynch, 1977.

There are others, but those I listed are six that I am a huge fan of, and who have been doing it for forty years. //

On another note, I saw your Eric Whitacre post, and that is awesome that he is working with Hans Zimmer, one of my favorite film composers. Has his music ever featured in a film before? EW's, I mean. Well anyway, I love film soundtracks, and that is sure to be a good one. My favorite Hans Zimmer is "Gladiator", followed by "Pearl Harbor". But he has a bunch of great ones.

And I always like an Eric Whitacre post, any time, for a different reason....   :):)

Tomorrow, I will be off for two days, starting in the afternoon, until Saturday afternoon. That means two sleep-ins, and perhaps a hike and a Monster Movie or two......and a whole bunch of reading as usual.

I will see you in the morning, Sweet Baby, and when that Star Wars Land opens at Disneyland in a couple years, you are coming with me.

End of story!  :):)

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxox  :):)

Sweet Dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment