Friday, August 14, 2015

Love It! (Smoke & Monsters)

Good Afternoon, my Darling,

I wanted to pop in real quick and say hi, and also tell you that I love your picture! It is super cool that you got to play the old Steinway! I'll bet it sounded incredible. :) That is a beautiful church you are playing in as well. Lots of light coming in! Is that your family church? It has a nice atmosphere. :)

Hey, I have an idea - since you have now played in a church, maybe you can come play with us one of these Sunday mornings. ;)

That would be awesome.  :):)

Well, I have gotta do some shopping, and I will be back later, but I just wanted to let you know that I am glad you got to play that piano.

Enjoy the rest of your Friday afternoon and I will see you in a bit. I Love You!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:10am : Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby. I hope you had a fun Friday night. It is Super Hot here, triple digits today, and there was a brush fire on the Simi Valley side of the Santa Susanas, so a bit of smoke was in the air this eve. I saw it over the mountains as I was coming back from Pearl's, and I Googled it right away when I got home to make sure it wasn't Santa Su, the State Park. And it wasn't, thank goodness. :) A bit of smoke in the air made for a mildly unpleasant walk, but the fire helicopters have no doubt knocked it down by now, so all is well.

I watched a classic little horror film from the Dracula Legacy Collection : "House Of Dracula". In it, Dracula (played by John Carradine) visits a doctor who attempts to cure him through transfusions of his own blood. The word must have gotten out about this doctor, because the next thing you know, he is being visited by Lawrence Talbot, the man who is cursed to turn into The Wolfman every time there is a full moon. Talbot (played by Lon Chaney Jr.) also seeks a cure for his malady. Meanwhile, the doctor has also promised an operation to fix his hunchbacked nurse, but he gets sidetracked by a discovery that Frankenstein is buried beneath his laboratory.

Now, I have to ask you at this point : Is that a classic story, or what?

It's Monster City.

Somehow, all the Monsters found out about this doctor and his special treatments, and they all want to be cured!

Except Frankenstein. He just goes with the flow......of electricity, that is. He seems to always want to do some major damage, but The Wolfman - and even Dracula - seem to have some semblance of a conscience.

Unfortunately, during the transfusion process, the doctor is infected with some of Dracula's blood, and at that point all bets are off.

But man, what a Monster Movie! And they did it all in only 67 minutes...........   :)

Speaking of brevity, I also got at the Northridge Libe a copy of The Complete Works Of William Shakespeare, so now I can read the plays I have seen. I was surprised to find, however, that they average about 30 pages in length. "As You Like It" is a mere 28 pages. Those pages are filled with dialogue, however, and I suppose if a page reads out at an average of four minutes, on stage, then that would account for a play of apprx. two hours.......

So that was my evening : a little fire, a little smoke, a bunch of Monsters and some words in yet another book.......

Tomorrow it's supposed to be 107 degrees. I suppose I'd better take advantage of it, or I'll feel guilty. Perhaps a drive out to Mentryville is in order......  :)

Sweet Dreams, Sweet Baby! I will see you in the morning.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment