Monday, August 31, 2015

Happy Sunday Night

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I hope you had a nice Sunday. We had good singing in church this morn and at practice afterwards. Not much else to report from today, though my friend Ono came over this evening with his doggie for a walk down to the Orange Grove and back.

You probably saw my posts about Wes Craven, and I am sure you know who he is just from the Nightmare On Elm Street movies, and maybe the Scream movies too, whether you like that kind of stuff or not. For me, he goes all the way back to 1977 when I saw "The Hills Have Eyes", which was really weird and unnerving for it's time, and which had a gritty realism that you don't see nowdays. That film immediately became one of my favorites, and Wes Craven was an early Horror Hero for me.

Another man who unfortunately passed away today was Dr. Wayne Dyer, the guy who - in his PBS tv specials - talked so much about the power of Intent. My Mom was a huge fan of his, and I saw his shows because of her. I am not normally a person who goes in for psychology or New Age mantras, but because Mom watched his shows many times, I listened to what he said about intention, and I began to understand the metaphysical context in which he meant the word, and that was how I came to paraphrase it myself, in various blogs I've written in the last few years. So thanks, Dr. Dyer.  :)

I am guessing you were working on band videos this weekend. I hope you got good results!

I Love You and will see you in the morning.  xoxoxxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxxooxoxox  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment