Thursday, August 20, 2015

Thursday Night Love (download & digitize)

Hi, my Darling,

I'm checking in a little earlier, just cause I have the night off. I haven't been doing much this evening, but I did meet Ono down at Senor Sol, a Mexican restaurant near my apartment, and we hung out for a while. Then I went for my walk. Other than that, just a lot of driving this afternoon, taking Pearl to the hair salon and Kobi to Le Groomer, then picking them both up later on.

I figure that maybe you were working on one of your videos today, or shooting some photos. I think what I will do now is make something to eat real quick, and then come back and write more in a little while, at about the usual time. Right now I just wanted to say hi and see if you were around.  :)

I Love You and I'll be back in a little bit!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:35am : Now I can officially say Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby! I don't have a lot to add, just that I am listening to KUSC as I always do at this time of night. I joined the Time Travellers group at the Art Bell website so that I can now have access to his past radio shows at any time. I can even download 'em and then save them and listen whenever I want, like T-Vo for radio. It was only five bucks a month to join, and now I can save all of Art's Weirdest Shows. I am gonna have to figure out how to download stuff to a flash drive, though, because my little Chromebook already has more than it can handle just with a lot of photos I have stored in it's tiny hard drive.

In fact, whenever I insert my current photo card, which now has close to 2000 pictures on it, it invariably crashes my Chromebook. I have to reboot FB or Flickr every time after inserting my photo card, so that I can upload photos. So if I wanna download any of Art Bell's shows, and I do, I will have to do it on a flash drive.

I bought one a while back, but never figured out how to use it. Now I will try again.

I also wanna digitize a ton of stuff - all my old photos from photo class in High School, old concert pics from the 70s, all my earthquake-era photos and videotapes. What I need are two things : a bigger place to live, cause right now all my stuff is jammed into a closet, and to get to it I'd have to pull a ton of stuff out, then put it all back in when I am done, and I just don't have the time for that, my schedule being what it is.

So I need a bigger place, so I have easier access to my stuff, and the second thing I need is a computer wizard! Someone like my Sweet Baby, for instance. Just so I can restore everything, and especially my Meadows videotapes, to pristine condition. I don't have the time or patience right now for such an undertaking, but I've gotta have it done eventually. Gotta have prints made from tons of old b&w negatives from high school, gotta have color slides digitized. Sigh......

You get to a certain point where you don't wanna lose stuff. My stuff has been sitting a long time, and I'd guess it's still okay, but one of these days, I've gotta get it all transferred.

Well, my Darling, that's all I know for tonight. I will see you in the morn.

Sweet Dreams until then.......

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment