Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Love From Home On Wednesday Eve (dogs)

Good Evening, my Darling,

I am home from Pearl's and just wanted to check in say hi. I hope your day was good. I woke up with a bit of a sinus headache, which sometimes happens when I go to sleep with the fan on. I had wanted to do a hike, but when I got home this morning I realised I'd left my hiking boots at Pearl's, and that, plus the headache, convinced me to postpone the hike til Friday. Instead I stayed in and watched a movie from my Warner Gangsters collection, one I had not yet seen, "Each Dawn I Die". Great title, right? In the 1930s, when gangster movies were big, they had a lot of them that took place in a prison, and this was one such movie, hence the title - each dawn, James Cagney wakes up still in prison and "dies" on the inside. He's in there, only he's been framed and is really innocent. That was another big theme for these kind of movies, The Guy Who Was Framed. :) This one was really good, one of the best 1930s Prison Movies that I've seen, and it co-starred George Raft, so you know it's a winner.

I took an Advil around 3pm and am now feeling much better, so I'll go for my walk in a while and do all my Usual Stuff. I have started The Walking Dead, and am three episodes in, and it's good but I'm not sure yet if I can do six seasons of really, really gross Zombie violence. Check back with me after a few more episodes.

I'll write more back at Pearl's. I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:10am : Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby. I am here in the kitchen, listening to KUSC, got my Shakespeare book nearby for good energy. I hope you had a nice evening. I loved your post of the doggie at the top of the mountain. He or she had a great face and looked happy to be up there! Wouldn't it be great to go for a hike, me and you, and to have a dog to bring along? I think so.  :):)

I have gotten into small dogs ever since I got to know The Kobester, and he is indeed mighty despite his diminutive stature, but I think for hiking you need a fairly good sized dog. I could be wrong about that, though. But I was thinking about my own past dogs because of National Dog Day, and I think it would be great to have another Lab one day. My brother's post of our Shepherd/Huskie mix Egor got me to thinking about him and his partner Shemp, who was a wild 'n crazy Lab mix. My favorites though, were my doggies Alice and Trixie, a purebred black Lab and her mixed-breed blonde daughter, who looked like a Lab but skinnier. Those dogs were awesome, loyal and durable, and could've climbed any mountain I was able to climb myself (except I didn't hike in those days, lol).

Yeah, it would be fun to have another Lab. Or any nice dog, really. When I see a face like the doggie in your post, it melts me. I can remember that it used to be said that "dogs don't have facial expressions", as if they weren't capable of expressing their feelings which would naturally come out on their face.

Not true at all! Dogs have some of the most amazing smiles of all creatures. I love dogs and I know you do too.

I can remember Molly, the first family dog in my lifetime. She was a Cocker Spaniel. We had her til about 1966. Then we had Schroeder, a Dachshund, from 1968 to 1970. He was kind of irascable and my Dad gave him away because he chewed and peed on the legs of Dad's Kawai Baby Grand Piano. Then we had Gretchen, who I think was a Weimaraner, but she was a hunter and kept killing rats and squirrels in the ivy and leaving them on our back porch, like "look what I brought ya"! So Dad gave her away, too.

Then we didn't have any dogs until we got Shemp from the dog pound in 1977.

And the rest was history! Shemp and Egor - 1977-1988, Alice and Trixie - 1988 - 1997.

Lab City for twenty years. So we will get another Lab one day. And any other kind of Good Doggie, too.

That all I know for tonight, my girl. I will see you in the morning and then at 11:30 I will get my haircut too, during Pearl's appointment at the salon.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Sweet Dreams....

No comments:

Post a Comment