Sunday, August 30, 2015

Happy Saturday Late Night Love

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

How was your Saturday? Good, I hope. Mine was pretty good, just doing all the stuff I usually do. I did drive out to Sophie's place to take her shopping, but was back home by 1pm, and I watched a really good melodramatic Noir that I hadn't heard of before : "House Of Strangers" with Edward G. Robinson starring as an Italian immigrant in the 1930s who heads up a bank and tries to run the lives of his sons, who all work for him. He has charm but is also ruthless, and the sons come to slowly despise him. Susan Hayward is the love interest who helps favored son Richard Conte to break away from the family.

Quite a good script, and fantastic acting all around, especially from Edward G. and Hayward, and great b&w photography and 1930s-era sets. An epic movie, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, who made some classic pictures and won Academy Awards for Best Director twice.....

I love it when I find a good movie that I'd never heard of before, and I am doing that a lot this year.  :)

The rest of the day was Usual Stuff. Tomorrow in church we will be singing a fairly well known spiritual, "Shall We Gather At The River", and I hope I can hit all the required high notes. This one has great harmonies and that's my favorite part of singing, the harmonizing.

I will be back around 12:30 to 1pm, after choir practice. Sweet Dreams until then!

I Love You, Elizabeth.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment