Friday, August 14, 2015

Shakespeare & Sugar

Hi, my Darling,

Happy Late Night. Tonight at 6:30, I drove out to Woodland Hills (yet another Valley community, as I may have already said), to see a second performance of "As You Like It" from Shakespeare By The Sea. Warner Park is the same one I was at a couple weeks ago for the Ticket To Ride show. It's about 10 miles from here.

As you can tell, I am absolutely hooked on Shakespeare as presented by SBTS, and so I had to go, as it was their last local performance of the year. Next Summer, they will be back, and so will I. The cool thing is that I am getting better at following the plot. I have now seen four Shakespeare performances : "Hamlet", which I found awesome and which got me hooked last year, but which most of the dialogue flew right past me. "The Tempest", which I saw eight days ago, and which I was able to get a grasp of. And then the two performances, last week and tonight, of "As You Like It", of which - having seen it twice - I was both able to follow much (though not all) of the dialogue and to follow the plot.

I love the use of the English language, and it's amazing how so many words can fit into one scenario, and also have a rhythm and poetic structure.

So, that was my day, or rather my evening. My day was just a typical Thursday. I hope you had a good day. I saw your post a while ago, and you are right about the glucose/cancer acceleration factor. I mean, at least from what I have read. The very subject of nutrition and disease is so complex that one could write endlessly about it, and even scientists and doctors have gone back and forth on what's "good" for the body, and so forth.

Again, I say use common sense, and go by how you feel. Know your family history. More than that, know how you feel in your Spirit. Eat a balanced diet that is mainly plant based. Get your "good" fats. Carbs are not gonna kill you, ask any athlete. Just make sure you exercise.

That is Huge.

If I were a doctor, I'd say : 1) Be a happy person. Figure out what makes you happy and keep doing it. 2) Keep your body fit by getting exercise. Not high pressure exercise, but exercise that flows with your Spirit in Nature. In other words, don't pound out weights, or marathons, if you don't Feel It. Feel is everything in Life, because Feel Is Spirit and Spirit is The Real You, and The Real You knows what's best for You.

And after Being Happy and Getting Exercise, if I were a doctor, I'd say : try to avoid three things. Too much sugar, too much salt, and too much bad fat. Starch, as you pointed out, equals sugar. So does fruit, but less so when eaten whole and not as juice. Whole fruit is complex carbohydrates, which is good sugar.

Man, now I am really getting into it, and as I said, nutrition is a subject that you could write (or talk) all day about. But I say, don't put too much emphasis on the science, because the science, as usual, is conflicting.

For yourself, just follow the simple rules described above, watch out for excess chemicals in products, and go forth in life. Shakespeare would agree!

Two authors who know much about nutrition are Paul Bragg (from early on) and Gary Null (more recent).

But mostly, eat as good as you can, be happy and active, and you will do fine.

That's all for tonight! I Love You, Sweet Baby.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment