Saturday, August 22, 2015

Happy Late Night

Hi Elizabeth,

Happy Super Late Night. I was at Pearl's this evening, to celebrate her birthday. We had a nice time, and a lot of good food, and Pearl is still going strong at 91. I didn't do a lot else today, but I did watch a great movie this afternoon, called "The Seventh Cross", starring Spencer Tracy. It's about a man who escapes a concentration camp in Germany during WW2, and his struggles as he tries to stay hidden until he can arrange to get out of the country. It was made in 1944, at the height of the war, and it had a great cast, including a young Hume Cronyn and his wife Jessica Tandy, as a couple who help to hide Spencer Tracy. Cronyn and Tandy were known as "The First Couple Of The Theater" because they very often acted together, and people my age remember them mainly as senior citizens. They were old when I first heard of them, so it was a kick to see them as young actors in this film.

I saw that you guys went to Chicago for the Failure concert, so you may be back by now, or you are on your way. I hope you had a great time! I haven't heard Failure's music, but a friend over at the KX board is a huge fan of Ken Andrews in general, both as musician and producer, so I have heard of him.

Tomorrow I have one more sleep in, and then it's back to work.  :)

I will see you in the morning.  I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment