Sunday, August 2, 2015

Happy Sunday Evening (love and music)

Good Evening, my Darling,

I am home from Pearl's. Slowly getting back into the swing of things today. We went to church this morning, sang in the choir for the first time since the end of June. A little rusty but not too bad. The after church practice was good, too. That's actually one of my favorite parts, cause when we practice we get to do a lot of singing.

I am still blown away by those two Rush concerts, and especially last night. I knew they were gonna affect me but didn't realise how much. It's in a good way, though. Hard to explain, though I've tried in my two recent blogs.

I hope your day was good. I am gonna hang out here for a little while, then go for my walk when the sun starts going down. I'm back to normal work schedule, and so I'll be here til 9:45pm, then back to Pearl's, and I'll write more at the usual time.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:45am : Happy Super Late Night, my Baby. It took a while to get situated this evening, but now all is quiet, KUSC playing softly on the radio. Now we will head into August, and the second half of Summer, with many good things to come. No concerts for a while, but October will bring a triple whammy : Van Halen, then Alcest, then Opeth. Wow!

I haven't heard a lot from you recently, but I hope and trust that all is well. Hope your video is coming along to your satisfaction. Now that I am back on normal schedule I will post more myself, mostly my usual musical stuff. Music has been such a huge part of my life, and even that sentence doesn't describe it's place and what it has meant to me. It's been constant, all my life. Very little time goes by, on any day, when I am not listening to some kind of music, passively or actively. Suffice to say, for now, that music - good music - never lets you down.

Never.

No matter what.

I had a friend, my old drummer, who has since moved back to the Chicago area, and he once said something that always stuck with me. He said, "They say music is the second most powerful force in the Universe".

He didn't say who "They" were, and nobody will ever know anyway. He also didn't specify what the first most powerful force in the Universe is, but I think we know.

It's love, of course.

And music - good music - is the language of love in all it's expressions.

So I would tend to agree with my drummer.

I would add one observation of my own, one that I have expressed before, and it is that, like love, no one knows exactly what music is.

In fact, music may be even more mysterious. We can identify love, at least, as an affection from the heart, based in emotion. Very often our strongest love is for a fellow human being, so we understand it innately in that sense, even if we can't really describe it in words. We know the pull of the heart.

But music?

What in the world is it?

A series of tones and sounds, played in something called scales? And these things are created, literally, out of thin air? Air that has been transformed into vibrating waves?

And not only do these vibrations make us feel good, and are pleasant to hear, but in the best music they speak to the deepest part of us, in a way we can't put into words. Just like love.

At least as mysterious, perhaps even more. Perhaps even two expressions of the same thing.

I will see you in the morning, Sweet Baby.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment