Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Charts & Rock Stars

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I hope you had a good day. Sorry I didn't write yesterday, but it was just a basic Sunday with nothing special to report, and I didn't see any new posts on "posts You like" so I had nothing to respond to. Today, though, I did see your pic of Tina. I didn't hit the "like" button because I figured that post was between the two of you, but I am glad you have such a good friend in her. I hope you guys get to shoot more "magazine covers" soon.  :)

I also saw your chart about musicians and their various instruments and the resulting "popularity" shall we say. That one I did hit "like" on, but I was a bit confused.......

I don't know where you got that chart, but the one I have says Keyboard Players = :):)

I think my chart is more accurate.......   :)

I'm also glad your friend Sarah and her band are gonna play SXSW. It would be so cool if you could go too. You are due for another road trip and that would be a great one.

Today we sadly lost more rock musicians, and while I was not a big Eagles fan, it's gotta be said that Glenn Frey was a very talented guy who led the band that created the whole California sound that was so big in the 70s. Lesser known was Dale Griffin (aka "Buffin"), but I certainly knew who he was because he played drums for Mott The Hoople, one of my first favorite bands when I started hanging out at College Records in 1973. Their album "Mott" was one of the first records I ever bought. It featured the hit single "All The Way From Memphis" which is a classic of the Glam Rock era, and the photo of the band on the album cover epitomised the Rock Star look, with knee-high platform boots, leather pants, open shirts and long, long hair.

Mott The Hoople had a huge hit right around the same time the "Mott" album came out with a cover of David Bowie's "All The Young Dudes", which (I think) he actually wrote for them and then recorded his own version. I'll have to re-check the order on that, but the Mott The Hoople version is the one that became a classic radio staple. Dale "Buffin" Griffin played on that, and on all the great Mott The Hoople material, and so he was a legendary musician, too, just like Glenn Frey.

Let's hope we don't lose anyone else anytime soon. Enough is enough, already.

Tomorrow at my building there is gonna be another stupid city inspection, to make sure the owners complied with the repairs of the first inspection. I can (sort of) understand the reasoning behind all of this. The general concept is to prevent slumlords from letting conditions deteriorate in their buildings. But of course in any situation in which power and authority is involved, it becomes intrusive.

That's why I don't like liberals any better than I like right-wingers. Liberals want to introduce the Nanny State where everything is supervised. I am gonna be 56 years old, and I pay a small fortune for a miniscule apartment (higher that a house mortgage in the Midwest, no kidding), and I still have to submit to not one, but two, city inspections in a six week period, even though I pay my rent on time for 10 years and have no complaints about my unit. The original ordinance was created for slum conditions, with falling apart buildings and rat infestations. But now they do it in every building in the city, like a Nanny State Gestapo. Drives me crazy.......

So tonight I made everything Super Neat And Tidy, and tomorrow it will all be over, until the next inspection. ;)

Maybe Wednesday I can go for a hike, and take some photos.

I will see you in the morning, Sweet Baby. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment