Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Rams (yeah, sports - pretty ridiculous I realise)

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

Well, the big news around here was the Rams coming back to town. You may have seen the trillion or so posts between my brother and I on FB this afternoon. Yeah - sports, I know. Pretty ridiculous to get all over excited about grown men bashing into one another while chasing a ball around. But it's the Rams, and I'm like a little kid when it comes to them because they were my first favorite team in any sport. My Dad used to take me to the L.A. Colosseum as a little kid to see Roman Gabriel and the Rams of the '60s. As much as I loved baseball, football was always my favorite. Basketball came later in the early '70s with Jerry West and the Lakers, but anyway.......

Yeah - sports, I realise. Sports are mostly a Guy Thing. But I am glad the Rams are coming back. They never should have left in the first place, though my favorite Rams team and favorite Rams player (Kurt Warner) are both from the St. Louis era....

Now wait a minute.........why am I telling you this? Sports is a Guy Thing, and after all, it's just sports as I have said so many times before. But I was completely Sports Crazy as a kid and I suppose it's a holdover from that era. Now I just follow the basic wins and losses of any given sport/team/season, and that's it. I still root for Tom Brady, Serena Williams and LeBron to lose, but that's about all I get worked up about anymore. It's a far cry from when I would turn off the TV during a nail biting Lakers/Celtics championship game because I couldn't take the pressure.

So to sum up : Rams! (yippee!!), but - sports, yeah I know........   :):)

I did go on my first hike of the year, to Rice Canyon as planned. Pearl was at Golden Agers so I had time for about a 90 minute trek, and the trail was fairly muddy as predicted but not sloppily so. No getting stuck in the muck. Unfortunately I didn't get any good pics because the January light just seems to have a flat quality, as if the Sun were a lamp with a bare bulb. There's no quality to the January light, at least at noon, and out here in California. I will try again tomorrow, however, as Pearl has a Reseda Woman's Club meeting in the morning. Not sure where I will go yet, but even without good pictures, it's still a nice hike.

I hope your day was good, and I did see your post about the Trivium show. I think the name of the band was Pangeia? So maybe they are a new client, and if so, that's fantastic, and a good bill because I think Trivium is a fairly well known band.

The only other post I saw was the Sweet Baby photo from your friend James. He is a natural born comedian, and I loved the pic. Classic Sweet Babyism in a rock n' roll context. That is me; I came out of the womb rockin'......   :)  (probably first to Chubby Checker.......then The Beatles....)

And that's all I know for today, Rock & Sports.

Sweet Dreams and I will see you in the morning.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment