Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Excellent Work

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

Another excellent job on the Fall ll Rise video! Your edit is really tight, following the song with good anticipation of each band member's parts and fills. You hit little bass runs right on the spot, and lots of stuff like that. I bet it took a lot of hours to put all the pieces in place. :)

Your friend Brian had a good description of the overall camera work : kinetic. That is it exactly. The shots are fluid and "connect" with one another, creating a bouncing, swooping effect. Maybe your best camera work yet. I am just now Googling Glidecam, because I had not heard of it prior to your comment on the FB video thread, but I see that it appears to be a stabilizer similar to the old Steadicam but less bulky. I rented a Steadicam Jr. one time, twenty years ago, when I was making my video at The Meadows (and I've probably mentioned it before, too), and I really didn't know what I was doing - how to work it - I just had to wing it and use it by how it felt.

The Glidecam looks somewhat affordable, so maybe you bought one? And you are very good with it. For the "above the band" angles, you have gotta be standing on something, a ladder or something of that nature.

Great stuff all the way around, and I also really like the inserts with the young people holding messages. Those are awesome, and a great idea indeed. There seems to be a theme with these young bands, at least in name (Fall ll Rise, I Prevail, Versus Me) of "emerging triumphant", to use a phrase. That is really cool and empowering for bands and fans alike. So yeah, the insert messages are excellent.

You are a Professional Video Producer, Elizabeth. I use the term "producer" to cover all aspects, including Director, Photographer and all the other things you do on the shoot.

Yes indeed, you have done it. You are a pro.  :)

Now, I may have it right or wrong, but I think you still have two more videos coming (and as of this writing you already have over 700 views of Fall ll Rise). I think you still have 7 Seasons Deep and Versus Me? I will look forward to them whenever they will be released!

Continue to set your sights high because you have developed a definite style of your own, and bands are going to notice. I saw a post of yours today for a band called Archer, is that the right name? So perhaps they are in line for a video as well.  :)

That is all I know for today, Sweet Baby (and I did see your Sweet Baby post this morn)......

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment