Sunday, January 31, 2016

Corriganville + Nino + Bass Clef

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

Not much to report today, though I did have a nice trip out to Corriganville this afternoon. I am happy to be hiking and taking pictures again. The weather is clouding up, as evident from my photo, and we are supposed to get a fair amount of rain tomorrow. The verdict is still out on whether this is gonna be a real El Nino or not. We did have those major rain days earlier in the month, but right now we are still below even our average January rainfall, let alone having a surplus. All during the Fall, the weather service was saying things like "it's gonna be the Godzilla Of El Ninos", and so far it isn't even average rainfall. In a real El Nino, it rains, like, for weeks on end, most days.

Of course, it doesn't bother me, haha. You know how I feel about Sun vs. rain. But I know we need the water. One thing I hope tomorrow's rain will do is wash this methane out of the air. It is really affecting me, and I don't mean anything really debilitating but it is irritating my eyes, throat and lungs. It feels exactly like the old smog days we had in the 60s, as I said before. Same symptoms (though not quite as bad as then). I sincerely hope SoCal Gas shuts the doggone thing off pretty soon, because it's not good to breathe this stuff.

This evening I watched another classic Randolph Scott Western called "Decision At Sundown". Then I ran through my lines for tomorrow's anthem in church. The song is called "His Eye Is On The Sparrow" (I probably already mentioned it), and the tenor notes are what our vocal coach calls "counterintuitive" (and I think I mentioned that, too). But - what you think the harmony line should be (intuitive) is not what it actually is. Instead, it's a really weird line with sharps and flats and "same notes" (repeated several times in a row). They call it "contemporary" or "jazz" vocal.

I took the sheet music home, looked up the bass clef notes, which I had thought were the same as treble clef (nobody ever tells me nothin', lol), and I played the lines over and over on guitar to help memorise them vocally.

And now I think I've got it.

I hope you had a good day. I was not able to see any new posts, but I imagine you are probably working on something or another.

I will be around, as usual, early before Church and then back after choir practice at about 1:30.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment