Wednesday, January 20, 2016

City Of Studios

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

Today was cold and drizzly in The 'Ridge, we've got a heavy cloud layer hovering, but so far the El Nino has been less ferocious than predicted (which is fine by me). It was a typical Tuesday, with Golden Agers for Pearl. The city inspection went by without any notice on my part; by the time I got home, they were gone. So it must have gone okay, and I will hope our building is in the clear.

I hope you had a nice day. I haven't been able to see many of your posts lately , and I really hate not having a news ticker cause it's like having half an FB, but I did see one post with a friend of yours sitting on a Panavision rig. The location said Studio City, which is at the southeast corner of the Valley, just north of Hollywood. You would have a blast being the DP in charge of such a rig. Never having been on a live set myself, I don't know what all such a job entails, but just to know that there is a separate job of focus puller (guy who keeps the shot in focus) gives you an idea of the operation, which also includes camera assistants to push the dolly, lay down camera tracks, operate cranes. But with your grasp of technology, you'd fit right in.

I don't have a lot to report, because I'm just working mostly. Pearl and the Kobester require a bit more attention as time goes by, and so I am on the job a bit more than I was. It's kind of a gradual increase, to be expected of course. I should still get my usual hikes in (with attention to time management, previously mentioned), but we have been having this crummy weather, so c'mon Sun! It's gotta come out sooner or later.

I hope everything is proceeding well and that you have projects on the horizon. The FB communication problem is a bit vexing to me, but there's not much I can do. So as always, post if you can.

I will see you in the morn. I love you.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment