Friday, January 22, 2016

Hope All Is Well + Porter Ranch Gas Leak Can Now Be Felt In Northridge

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I finally did see two posts from you today, though I'm not sure there was a reference for me in them. One was for Legos (when you turn 100 you can't play with 'em anymore) and the other one was just a few minutes ago, where I guy is playing a guitar solo from (I think) "Saved By The Bell" (?)

Funny stuff, so maybe they are just a couple of humorous posts by you. At any rate, I am glad you posted something. I have been wondering if anything is wrong, just because you haven't been around much recently. Now of course I could have that all wrong due to my broken FB. Maybe you are posting lots of stuff, but in any event I can't see much of anything recently. So, I hope all is well, and if it's not would you please tell me?

Well anyway, not much to report except I finally got my hair cut today, first time since last September. It really needed it, and now I am more presentable, haha. Also now I can let it grow again for another few months until I am once more a Hippie.......  :)

One of these times I am gonna have to have it colored. I keep putting it off - and it's still more than 50% brown (not totally grey, in other words) - but it's eventually gonna hafta be done.....

On another note, today I am wondering if that massive gas leak in Porter Ranch is now affecting us here in Northridge. I live approximately 3 to 4 miles from the leak, and I know I've even recently reported no noticeable effects in our area, and even at Aliso Canyon Park, which is just a couple miles from the leak. But today, and right now, I have had what I will call "shallow breath", and a mildly irritated throat, and it is very reminiscent of the heavy smog days we used to suffer in the 1960s, when there was still lead in gasoline, and before there were any air quality standards for smog. Back then, when I was seven or eight, there would be days, especially in Summer, where your lips would turn purple and you would have your breath catch at about the bottom of your throat, instead of in your lungs. It wasn't like you were suffocating or anything, but it was quite an irritation and certainly not a good thing for one's health. And today I've had a similar condition, though not quite as bad as in the smog days. Still, I hope it doesn't continue, and I really feel for the folks in Porter Ranch who've gotten the worst of this. The more I read about it, it's gonna go down as a major league environmental disaster, and SoCal Gas (the company) is gonna have lawsuits on the level of BP back in 2010 or whenever that was. This stuff is just pouring into the air, every second of the day, just like BP's oil was pouring into the sea, for months on end. And now I can feel it, or at least I am pretty sure I can, down in Northridge, just a few miles away.

I will have to stay away from my north Valley and Santa Clarita hikes until they shut this thing down. Maybe Chatsworth will be okay, or maybe the caves out in Simi Valley.

Well, things will improve. I just hope all is well with you, and I know that more projects will be on the horizon very soon, if they are not already.

I have a short break starting tomorrow night, and then through Sunday morn, when I will be back at church to sing and then back on regular schedule. Tomorrow morn I will take the Kobedog to Le Groomer at 10am, and then I'll be around most of the afternoon and all evening.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment