Saturday, January 30, 2016

Placerita + TV Repairman + Kobi Doing Well

Happy Later-Than-Usual-But-Not-Quite-Super Late Night-Late Night, Sweet Baby,

Yeah, I know I'm a goofball.  :) If it was 1am I'd have called it a Super Late Night, but anyway....

This DNS thing is starting to drive me crazy. Sometimes my Chromebook works fine, or more or less fine, but then sooner or later the buffering wheels start turning endlessly and I'm back to "file not found". I am wondering if it could be my Chromebook, starting to wear down? I mean, I only just got it two and a half years ago. It was a refurbished unit, but still...

You have no idea how much I hate tech problems, and I suppose we all do, but the problem for me is that I am not a tech person. If I weren't writing on the computer I'd be writing with pen and paper. I don't care about the medium, I just want stuff to work correctly. I was thinking the other day, when this DNS problem began, that with all the hoopla in the last twenty years about computers and gadgets, that they still haven't been able to build a machine as reliable as a TV set. Way back when, in the 1950s especially, and into the '60s when I was a kid, there was something called a "TV Repairman". He came to your house and fixed your TV when it broke. Later on, because his rates were high and he made a lot of money, most TV Repairmen opened their own shops and you had to take your TV to them to get it fixed.

But now? The TV Repairman is close to obsolete, because they continued to improve TV sets to the point where they basically don't break anymore.

But here we are in the 20th year (or so) of the Internet, and computers continue to have all of these seemingly indecipherable problems that even the experts don't have solutions to. I tried all the DNS remedies I found online and so far none of them has worked.

Well, I'll shut up now because I don't like to be a complainer, but I just like stuff that works right. Like TV sets, which didn't use to work right but now do, because the manufacturers of TV sets figured out how to make 'em do so. If only the computer people had as much ingenuity.

End of complaint.

Actually, it was a very good day today. I finally scored me a hike, and a nice one at that; at Placerita Canyon, one of my favorite places. I even got a few good pics, posted at FB and Flickr, and it was also a nice day with temps in the mid-70s.

Best of all is that Kobi is coming around, behaving more and more like his old self. His personality seems to be coming back (barking, tail wagging) and he has stopped much of the wandering he was doing when he got out of the doggie hospital. So I am wondering if it was mainly the meds? Maybe he is used to them now, has a tolerance built up. Anyhow, we took him to Reseda Park again this eve, and it is so great to see him alert, pulling on the leash, sniffing trees and looking for chicken bones and scraps around the barbeque grills at the park (which I have to tug him away from).

So it was a good day indeed. I hope your's was good as well. The only post I saw was the one of James with an award for a hair salon that he is associated with, and it is fitting because he has award winning hair.

It looks like things are picking up all the way around, and that is good. It always takes a little while, after the holidays and New Year, to kick things into gear again, but now they are.

Sweet Dreams and I will see you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment