Thursday, August 29, 2013

Fantastic Photo! (more added)

Awesome & Beautiful Lady! (or "A&B" for short),

That is an incredible shot! I am talking about the pic of Hannah, of course. Wow, and to shoot it into the sun, also - great idea. You got the sun in her hair without getting it on her face - perfect.

Wow, a very impressive shot. I wanted to say so right away!
Right now I have to go pick Pearl up from the beauty salon. I'm at home, which is why I can type this (because I am on my computer). After I pick her up, I have to take her to the bank, and by that time it will be getting close to 4:30, my evening shift. Then tonight is the opening night of the Cinematheque, so I am gonna go. The movie starts at 7pm, and with the talk by the Professor, and any extras he shows (like director interviews, etc.) the program is usually over by about 9:30. So, I won't be around in the early eve, but I will be back and write more at my usual time, and I will also be around at Pearl's from 4:30 to 6:30.

Have a great evening. I'm telling you, that is a great photo......    :)

I Love You!  :):)

(back later this eve)

10:40 : I am back from the movie. It actually ended about 9:15, then I went for my walk. It's still really hot and muggy outside (106 degrees today) and they are calling it monsoon weather, although we don't have monsoons in California. They did have quite a thunderstorm in the nearby mountains, though. Well, we had our bit of excitement today, if you can call it that. As I was driving to pick up Pearl from the hairdresser, I saw a police helicopter circling near our main intersection of Reseda & Nordhoff Sts. That's a half mile below my apartment, and it's where my bank and Northridge Library are located. I also saw two news helicopters way up over the intersection, and I figured it was a bank robbery. The cops were routing traffic away from the area, so there was a huge traffic jam. What I did was to go down some side streets and park by our old house on Rathburn Av. That's the one we lived in for 25 years before the earthquake, and it's just a block away from Northridge Libe. From there, I could see a big white pickup truck had crashed into a tree in front of the library. Cops were all over the place, the street was taped off. So I went into the Libe and Googled it, and found out what happened. It was a pursuit that began in Reseda and ended in Northridge, and involved an armed robbery suspect and a woman who was with him.

Nothing major, meaning nothing bad happened to anyone in the area, but still more "excitement" than we are used to, excitement of the wrong kind. Thank God for LAPD. A lot of people are down on the cops, and there certainly are some bad apples in every police department, but I am really grateful for the job they do, in this day and age. So the whole thing was over and Northridge was soon back to normal.

The movie was really good. It was very stark, a crime film shot in black and white with harsh lighting, and the acting was deadpan, but somehow the whole thing worked, especially considering it was a debut film. Fassbinder looks like he was influenced by Jean-Luc Godard, one of the filmmakers of the French New Wave of the early 1960s. So now I am looking forward to more of his films.

Tomorrow is my last day in this four week work stint, so I will have three precious sleep-ins beginning Saturday morning. Oh boy! I am guessing this has gotta be your final weekend before school, so enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. And just take it one day at a time from there. I like to look at the big picture in life, to step back and look at Things Transpired, and I just think it's been a fantastic year. I think it's been mutually inspiring, creative, optimistic and relaxed. I have said that, in certain aspects of your life, it is not my place to influence you, at least not deliberately. But if there is one aspect in which I would try to influence you, it would be to shun pressure in your life. Pressure sucks, and we can see how much better we operate when it is removed from our lives and barriers are set up against it.

When we take a stand against pressure, which is always exerted by other people, we see how fully we can operate to our own potential, and most importantly, we can do so in a relaxed manner, so that we can enjoy the process. So that's one way where I would be happy to influence you, in a way that gives you strength to always be yourself, and in that way I am your Navy Seal.  :)

Creativity needs a protected space in which to operate, and you are really blossoming in your photography, and that is organically and sensually connected to your music and your metaphysical interests. All of these things are tied together, and they play off each other. Always keep your creativity close to you, and close at hand, ready to explore it at a moment's notice.

So, that's all I know for today. Things are really going great, and we will keep growing and discovering together. A beautiful Fall season awaits us........

I Love You, Elizabeth. Sweet Dreams, my Angel!  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment