Thursday, August 22, 2013

Originality (did you see the Moon?) (more added)

Happy Afternoon, my Darling! I wanted to check in and say hi, and for a hug & kiss break - xoxoxoxo - and also because your Eric Whitacre post reminded me of one of my favorite quotes from Ritchie Blackmore, also about originality:  "Really the only way you can get good - unless you're a genius - is to copy. You'll never come up with your own stuff, until you've copied. That's the best thing. Just steal".

That's funny! And I don't know if I agree with it or not - setting out to copy in order to come up with your own sound - but they are both right about the near impossibility of sounding "original", whatever that may mean. Even Mozart sounded a bit like his idol Haydn!

It's also funny because I just posted a week or so ago about a straight-up, note-for-note steal by Deep Purple. They stole a song called "Bombay Calling" by It's A Beautiful Day and made it into their classic song, "Child In Time", which is considered one of the all-time great hard rock songs. And nobody knows about "Bombay Calling"! So, I was a little surprised to find that out, but both songs are still great songs.

I guess the important thing, because there are only twelve notes after all, is to put your own stamp on things, your own personality, rather than trying to be "original". The best way to be original is to be yourself, because there is only One You! And you are doing exactly that, in your music and photography.

I Love You, my Angel! Have a superb early evening, and I will be back later on.  :):)

7pm : Okay, Awesome Lady, those are incredible pics from inside the cave. I just got home and did some quick Googling...........is it in Blue Mounds, Wisconsin? That's my guess! I will be back later to write some more. We are fulfilling our mission already as explorers, preparing for Angkor Wat and Puma Punku!  :):)

(back in a while.......)

9:08pm : My girl, what is going on with that Moon? Did you see it tonight? Once again, for the third night in a row, it's huge, and tonight it's even bigger than the last two nights. Wow. I am pretty sure I've never seen it like this before, so many nights in a row, and so huge as tonight. All the more perfect - and for us, too! - because it's also Debussy's birthday. "A Clare De Lune Coincidence" indeed. I will be back in a bit, but I had to remark on the remarkable Moon........

10:50pm : Now I am reading about the underwater city of Nan Madol in Micronesia, and the Mayan "Popol Vuh". This stuff is so mindboggling to me, the likelihood that the human race - or an earlier version of it, when it was under the assistance of "gods" to help it become civilised - was devastated by a near world ending cataclysm. The evidence for all of this is overwhelming, and yet it is relegated to National Geographic. Now, of course that is a legendary magazine, and as a child my Dad enrolled me in the National Geograhic Society. But still.......why is this stuff not on the front page news? That should be what the news is; how mindblowing is the history of our world, our planet, the civilisations that preceded us, how they lived, who helped them to jump from hunter/gathering to organised society.

What in the world happened on this planet?

There is an FB page called (I will paraphrase) "I Freaking Love Science". Well, this is me talking, and I like science, I absolutely love study, but I don't love - by any means - the increasing probability that much of scientific and anthropological/geological/historical "truth" has been deliberately misrepresented, either by omission or comission.

I mean, I won't get started on a tirade about the subject, but when I think that so much learning is right there in our faces - it's all so obvious (sunken cities, ancient metaphysical technologies, so much else), and all that obvious learning is being impeded by a worldwide academic elite that has a stranglehold on the available information..........it is no different than Jet Propulsion Laboratories covering up what their sattelites have photographed on Mars, and in space.

I just think that it is wrong for so-called scientists, who after all, are merely human like the rest of us, to adhere to an agenda. And a big part of that agenda is to have a monopoly on the exploration equipment, and then to withold or hedge, or even deliberately misrepresent what they have found.

Thank God for alternative research!

You see, we wonder why we have internal dreads of the direction modern society is taking, and it is because we can sense where we came from, even though that information is being withheld from us by mainstream science, the so-called "news media", and the politicians.

Sorry to go way off on a tangent! But I am really excited by our photos of late, and this line of study, and when I think that these subjects have only been studied for a few hundred years at most, and that in the past 100 years, there has been an agenda to disclose things according to a very limited, closed-off philosophy..........well, it makes me want to really explore the mysteries even more!

I don't like it when people who have information, withhold or cover that information up.

But, we are on an excellent pathway right now, and it could lead us anywhere. I am very inspired by your explorations of the Summer, my Awesome Darling, and your spark has coincided with my reading on these subjects to instigate my own short trips. So we are discovering much, and what has seemed like a quiet summer in some ways has really been an active summer, one that we will always remember.

And it's not over yet........


The Moon is in Pisces tonight, especially good for Sweet Dreams.

I Love You, Elizabeth.  xoxoxoxoxo  :):) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment